Tuesday, January 29, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY 28th Birthday!!!!


The dreaded 28th birthday has arrived for my baby sister. I don't know why it is so dreadful because 28 seems young to me now that I am 3 1/2 years ahead. I want to take a moment and wish Kelly a happy birthday and remember some of my favorite stories.

We were Barbie playmates embarrassingly enough until I was like 13 or 14. Kelly was kind enough to tell my friend across the street that I still played Barbies. After that, I stopped. Thanks for helping me out there Kelly. Who knows, I might still have Peaches, Skipper and the other girls back in my bedroom playing away right now had I not broken the habit.

One of my favorite memories was when Kelly was about 7 and I was 10. My dad made a cat house that you could walk in to and the door locked from the outside. It was probably the size of a Port-O-Let. Kelly locked me in one Saturday. I remember being able to see my dad working in the yard through the cat window but not being able to get his attention. Really I might not have been in there for as long as I felt I was because I don't remember peeing in the corner or anything.

I remember putting a lot of time and effort into accruing a certain boy's affection back in my Branbury days when Kelly and I were roommates. I invited him over all the time for dinner and cookies, etc. He seemed to love coming by and I found out why when I walked into my apartment one night and found him holding hands with Kelly. Ok, so she did tell me she liked him before that happened but it was quite shocking.

So it has been fun sharing a couple of my favorite pictures and stories about Kelly. There are tons of good stories that won't embarrass her. But those wouldn't have been as fun to tell.

Love you Kelly and happy birthday!!!

4 comments:

KellyDiane said...

Thank you for the tribute! But man, I sound like a baaad sister! You sure those are some favorite memories???? Where did you find that aweful picture of 9th grade...something was wrong with my left eye! But thank you for the laughs! Love ya!

Kimberly said...

What a cute sister you have! I love teasing my siblings about all of the favorite memories I have of them.

Krustee said...

Hilarious about the Barbies! All the stories made me laugh. Love sisters!

Amber said...

Dangit!!!!!!! I always miss Kelly and Mom's birthdays. Luckily Mom might forgive us these days, but poor Kelly gets jipped! I must be a better sis in law!