Monday, February 4, 2008

Feeling Red

Nicky was born with dark brown hair that turned light blond around 16 months. When Andy was born with dark brown hair, I just assumed his hair would turn blond too. Andy is almost 16 months and we were quite surprised when recently his hair turned the color of a copper penny. His hair is red. I have two brothers who had kids with red hair but I just assumed the kids must have gotten their hair from someone on their mother's side. This is very strange because neither Jeff nor I think we have anyone with red hair in the family. Although I think I did hear my mom say once that there was some great great grandfather with a red beard.

Anyway, I love the red hair on him and just think it is kind of fun that right around Valentine's day his hair changed colors. He also exhibits a nasty temper now days so it must be correlating with the hair change.

Jeff's brother and girlfriend and her family came to visit San Diego and we met up with them today. Here is a picture of Daniel and Nicky going Hispanic child style in the 50 degree ocean. We finally got a little break from the rain today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Missy,
Red Hair and a fiesty temper at all anyone really needs!!
Trust Me! Glad all is well in your neck of the woods...
Take care,
Jamie

Cami said...

Oh fun! I wonder if his hair will change again. My kids always start very blond and just get darker. Not as fun.

Kimberly said...

It was a beautiful day today, but still very nippy! Looking at Nicky just makes me shiver.

Krustee said...

Nicky has a pretty high tolerance for cold for a San Diego girl! I couldn't have been walking around in a diaper today. Makes me excited for summer! I was just noticing on Sunday how red his hair was and wondering when it changed. It looks good on him. A nice shade.

KellyDiane said...

Very strange that it would change...but it did have a hint of red at Christmas. Why on earth was nicky naked in the winter...silly!

Amber said...

He is a cute red head, but where DID it come from? I love every kind of beach picture, naked and all!