You will notice that Nicky is still having her obsession with overalls which I thought would hamper the potty training event. Happily she is able to unclasp the buckles on her own and quickly enough that there have been no accidents. She is also wearing every barrette that she owns in her hair. Funny girl.
Friday, February 29, 2008
I Made a Big One
When Jeff was awakened by my steady stream of whoops, hollers, and hip hip hoorays this morning he must have thought we had won the lottery or something. It was not the lottery but something of equal value. Now I must warn you that the rest of this post will contain potty language, so read on if you are in the mood. Nicky went in to use her little potty this morning and didn't come out for some time. We had put panties on her this morning as we do every once in awhile and she was confused because she realized she needed to go poop whilst she was doing pee. I told her if she did both deeds she could have a marshmallow. I guess that is really all it took and she came out and told me she had, "made a big one." I was overcome with true joy at the prospect of having a break from opening her diaper to find one of her big ones and the associated sticky, smelly mess on her rear. Three years is a long time to be changing those suckers. It is truly a momentous day at the Camacho house.
We made a run to Target to buy some Little Mermaid panties and a stool so she can wash her hands. She was delighted with all the purchases as you can see here.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
YAY!!! That's seriously awesome. Great job.
Congratulations!!! What a major accomplishment! I have serious poop envy. We got a potty video at the library yesterday. I showed Kedrick the pictures of Nicky and told him about it and he wanted to know where the poop was in the picture.
That is so exciting! Go Nicky!! She is so cute. Gavin is using the toliet now too (when he makes it there in time). The best is when he picks up the bowl of stuff and tries to dump it in the toliet on his own. Like all boys regarding this matter, he doesn't have the best aim. I like the marshmallow idea-Gavin would do anything for a marshmallow. Maybe when he's burned out on his sticker chart.
Post a Comment