Monday, February 11, 2008

Serving Spoon Attack

This morning Nicky got a big black serving spoon out of the kitchen drawer and proceeded to wack Andy across the face. While Andy was screaming and writhing in pain, Nicky was ordered to timeout. On the way to timeout she made the following comment, "Maybe we should get some ice for his head."

How thoughtful of her!

How do I teach this girl remorse or that we don't need ice in the first place because she shouldn't be wacking spoons around?

Andy got payback later at the beach today. He dumped a bucket of sand over Nicky's head and she got sand in her eyes.

Andy had his 16 month checkup today and weighs in at 25 lbs and 6 oz. He is 32 inches long. He is 65% for both height and weight so I guess he is all porportional. Jeff gave him a hair cut and he is now dirty blond instead of red. So much for the cute red locks.

Here are some cute things he says:

hi -- hi
bubba -- bubbles
bir -- bird
dog -- every animal that doesn't fly
bu bu -- bye bye
moo -- moon
li -- light

He also makes funny woofing sounds that I wouldn't even know how to recreate when he sees a dog. He is a cute boy. This is an incoherent post with no transitions so sorry if it was a rocky read.

4 comments:

Cami said...

Awesome. Andy has lots of words! Not so awesome about the whacking with spoons.

KellyDiane said...

I love the spoon story...he'll have to be a tough little guy with Nicky for a sister!

I can't believe I will be coming out to see you all next week...should be interesting with mom. :)

Kimberly said...

I love all of Andy's little words...it's always so fun when they start talking. Andy is going to be one tough guy when he gets older. It's so hard watching the younger ones get teased and wacked around by the older ones. It's no wonder my Blake is so aggressive!

Krustee said...

She is so sweet. It's hard to imagine she is a hardened criminal. Younger siblings do take a beating. Andy is a tough little guy. I imagine him being his sister's protector as they grow up. Not that she would need a protector as long as there is a serving spoon nearby...
Andy will be articulate, choosing each word carefully. There is nothing cuter than hearing kids learning to talk. I love it!