
There's some interesting stuff coming out of Nicky's mouth these days. She's totally into baby dolls, birth stories (her own and Andy's), creating the illusion of pregnancy and childbirth by stuffing dolls up her shirt, temple and marriage stories, wearing my wedding ring, and her little friend Kedrick. Yes, at the tender age of 3, Nicky's decided she and Kedrick belong together for eternity.
A sampling of our conversation earlier in the week:
Nicky: "Mommy do boys and girls get married in the temple?"
Me: "Yes."
Nicky: "Oh, then I am going to marry Kedrick in the temple."
Me (playing along): "Really, how many babies are you going to have with Kedrick?"
Nicky: "Three of dem. First will be Nicky, then Andy, then Shoosu. And you can watch them while Kedrick and I go on a little date."
I'm not kidding, she says all this stuff.
The next day when Kedrick and Brock were coming over for a playdate, Andy was excited and said Kedrick's name. Nicky said, "NO Andy, Kedrick is MINE and Brock is yours.
Poor sweet Kedrick has no idea he may be the future victim of a marriage obsessed- preschooler's fatal attraction. He needs to be warned.
Andy is not to be outdone these days. He said his first formed and clear sentence today. Any guesses?
"I want a cookie."
He gets really mad and scrunches his face whilst saying, "I want to" (for I don't want to). He gives lots of bad breath kisses (won't let us pry his mouth open to get a toothbrush in). I'm admitting to knowing all the trains in Sodor: Thomas, Percy, Gordon, James, etc. I've almost memorized the Thomas the Train theme song. This is good because it is the only song Andy will let me sing to him. Thomas the Train has to be running on the TV whenever we are home or someone has a tantrum. I am so excited for another two year old. It's like deja vu.
6 comments:
Man, she REALLY wants to be a mommy, eh? And she's even got babysitting all planned out. THAT is planning ahead.
Boys and Thomas!! I used to know all the trains too.
Taylor has never gotten that into the baby doll thing! She does, however, like to MAKE Luke play "baby and mommy" with her all. the. time! Luke doesn't mind being the baby and Taylor loves bossing him around. I can't imagine how she'll be when she's 15???
How cute that Nicki already has her hubby picked out at three. If only life were really that easy?
Nicky is so hilarious. I cannot believe that conversation she had with you. Jackson hates the toothbrush also and Lance thinks I'm abusing him when I hold his arms and force a toothbrush on his teeth. I cannot stand yellow teeth! Lately he has been volunteering a little more by saying "AHH!" for about 1 second. YOu should try to video tape her in a funny conversation like that for fun. I'm sure she would enjoy seeing that when she's older. Especially if you all are still in the same ward!
Nicky is adorable, I love the things she says. She has the sweetest little voice. And that's exciting for andy and his first sentence. I don't know about this whole toothbrush thing missy...yikes! But that's just the dental hygienist speaking...I guess if I was a really great hygienist I could tell you how to get a toothbrush in his mouth...but most kids won't let me touch their teeth either.
She is such a good little planner! I love that she is lining up babysitters already!! Andy knows how to say all the most important things.
Post a Comment