Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Prop 8 Update
I've let this Prop 8 stuff percolate in the mind for a few days and I'm ready to be a full supporter. I've decided there are things I don't know and things I do. I know I don't know why people are gay and I don't know all their motives for wanting marriage. I just got word that a group of 1st graders went on a school sponsored field trip to witness the lesbian marriage of their school teacher at a San Francisco town hall. I realize I do know that I want the right to teach my kids what marriage is to me and to their religion. I don't want them indoctrinated at school. Some I'm a fightin' this thing for the next three weeks. It better pass or there is going to have to be home schooling or moving to Utah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Great job Missy. I don't want my children to be indoctrinated either. If these people respected our lifestyle as much as they want us to respect theirs, this would not be an issue.
Scott and I enjoyed reading both of your posts about prop 8. The first one nicely laid out the dilemma that we share as well. And we agree to your resolve. Thanks for sharing it.
It is so interesting to hear about this from someone who lives in the midst of it. We have been talking about it alot around here and I think of you knocking on doors everytime! Good Job Melissa!
On that note have you heard the song on the radio, " I kissed a girl and I think I liked it" etc. ???? Wow! I was shocked. Can we not even listen to basic radio stations anymore? This was one of the only stations I trusted when kids were in my car including my own daughter. Sheesh! Can you imagine if something goes wrong what we will be dealing with. Kinda takes away our freedom for things like adoption agencies and marrying venues etc.
Post a Comment