Friday, November 28, 2008

Biggest Loser Sisters

Have any of you ever gone around satisfied that you appear a certain way but then look at a recent picture and realize that your appearance is unhappily not as you thought? Such was the experience of my sister Kelly yesterday. She is is not chubby at all but has gained a few pounds since summer. The above picture was taken yesterday at the YMCA before we did step aerobics at the pre-Thanksgiving pigout morning workout. By the way nobody was there. When Kelly and I went in and entered the raffle, ours were the only names in the container. I won a nice jacket and Kelly won a HUGE t-shirt and plastic water bottle. Hooray!

We took the picture hoping to post it on Facebook to illustrate both how fabulous we look and how dedicated to physical fitness, even on Thanksgiving. Unfortunately, Kelly made an unflattering pose and later when she viewed the picture, she decided her right arm was as large as her ex boyfriend's and her neck was the size of a Redwood tree trunk.

I thought maybe we could still use the picture because I learned about the liquefy tool in Photoshop at my last enrichment night. I liquefied Kelly's arm, neck, and waist but it just came out weirdly proportioned because I didn't know how to do it right. We laughed so hard. I couldn't get off the floor. It's the laugh where your jaws hurt and tears stream down your face. I guess you'd have to be there.

Bad angles aside, we decided it wouldn't hurt either of us to lose 10 to 15 pounds by January 30th, Kelly's birthday. So on Monday we start the biggest loser sister challenge. The only rule is we must eat healthy. No eating disorders must emerge! Wish us luck.

5 comments:

Cami said...

You are losers for thinking you need to lose weight! But really, I support you in your quest. Good luck! I have that finding out I don't look anything like I think I do experience about 3 times a week. Very sad.

Marie' said...

I have that experience all the time. The pictures my kids take with their camera is THE WORST. They never give me any warning, so the fat layer is hanging over my jeans, my back is slouched over, double chin, and bad hair. And they never want to let me delete the pictures either.

I don't know where you are going to find the ten pounds to loose. You are already looking so good.

Kimberly said...

I'm impressed you worked out on Thanksgiving morning! Good for you! I think you look terrific! That is so funny the way you deformed the picture. When I first looked at it, I was like "what the heck?" Very funny!

heather peck said...

can i do it too? that will help motivate if i have moral support!! what should the winner get?! J/K, the weight loss will be enough, smile!

Krustee said...

that picture is hilarious!! I think it might be easier for me to learn how to use photoshop than to lose 10 pounds by January! Good luck but I agree with Marie, not sure where your 10 pounds to lose will come from!