Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Husband Tag

I stole this husband tag from my old Snow College roommate and friend Lindsay. I need something uplifting to shuffle down that sad post. I couldn't find the picture of my first official date with Jeff. He invited me to one of those murder mystery dinners hosted by his boss. I remember I had to dress as a western saloon girl, so slutty. Luckily I couldn't find that picture. However, I did find this humorous one of us dressed up in Star Wars garb. My old roommate Clarrisa's boyfriend, Justin was obsessed with Star Wars. While Jeff and I were engaged, one of those newer Star Wars movies came out and Justin had a big party on the premier day. We all had to dress up as a Star Wars character. Jeff was Hans Solo and I was Princess Leia. You might not recognize me in the dark bun wig. The funny thing is that Jeff HATES dressing up. He was so embarrassed to go the movie theater dressed like Hans and wielding a light saber. To top it off, some kids wanted to get their picture taken with our group after the movie because we looked so authentic. It just makes me laugh remembering how awkward Jeff felt but also obligated to act like it was fun because Justin was so excited.

Anyway, here is the tag.

What is his name? Jeffrey Aaron Camacho
How long have you been married? 6 years
How long did you date? Friends for a year, dating and engaged for 1 1/2 years
Who eats more sweets? Me
Who said I love you first? I did and he didn't say it back.
Who is taller? Jeff
Who is smarter? Probably Jeff. He's the one who got all the scholarships and I'm the one that had student loans.
Who does the laundry? He does and I fold, sort, and put away.
Who does the dishes? Both of us.
Who pays the bills? Automatic withdrawal does. But if a bill comes in the mail, he's always quick to pay it.
His guilty pleasure? Pumpkin pie with lots of of whip cream.
Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? Me
Who has more friends? Probably Jeff
Who cooks dinner? Me
Who is more stubborn? a draw
Who kissed who first? How embarrassing. I kissed him first and it was awkward. We were in the car outside of the Food 4 Less in Provo and it was snowing. Luckily the second time around it was his idea and it was a lot better.
Who proposed? Jeff proposed outside the Mt. Timpanogas temple. I knew what we were doing so the only thing he could do to make it interesting was pretend he had lost the ring in the bushes. Once the ring was recovered, I remember Jeff was nervous but super sweet and sincere. Of course I said Yes.

Jeff is my favorite person to spend time with and I love him.

3 comments:

myspoileddogs said...

Aww that's so sweet! Tell Jeff I hate to dress up too! Next time I'll go and we can all wear normal clothes! hahahah

Lindsay Jones said...

Love the costumes! It is good to hear about you.

Krustee said...

If Kevin were going to dress up I think it only could have happened during the "we're dating and I want to impress her stage." He refuses every Halloween. I love him anyway. Love the picture!