We've pretty much talked about selling our condo for 2 of the 3 years we've lived here. Since the condo is 2 bedroom/ 1 bath and 800 square feet, we knew we would eventually want a house. The house, neighborhood, and friends around us have been perfect for three years. We bought our condo through a San Diego Housing Commission's plan. This means we bought it for a majorly discounted rate. Basically we have a really cheap mortgage and we live in one of the most expensive areas of San Diego.
When we decided to buy this condo owning a home in California, anywhere, was impossible. Now with foreclosures popping up in every area we're hopeful we can have a home of our own sometime in the next year. We decided to put our condo up for sale the other day. The paperwork that must go on to sell this place is enormous so even if the lady that is coming to look at our house today decides to buy, we wouldn't be out until February.
I've noticed cleaning is already a pain. Like yesterday I had to clean all the closets and organize the cupboards in addition to regular cleaning. Plus we have two kids running around undoing everything that has already been done.
Another condo is competing with us for buyers. Remember our neighbor who killed herself? Is it bad if we tell prospective buyers who are looking at both our places that someone died of unnatural causes in the other unit?
6 comments:
o.k., i probably shouldn't laugh, that is kind of morbid, but hey i guess if you get that desperate everything is fair game, right?! i too am excited for zoe and nicky to play when you visit in DECEMBER!!!! i am so excited, i hope kelly comes @ the same time so we can have a chick flick night!!
Hope it goes well! I would tell them about the suicide because I would want to know if I were the buyer!
oh it kind of makes me sick that you are really selling it.....I mean it totally makes sense but I just need a guarantee that you won't go too far away.
No worries Kristen. We would never move far as long as you don't.
That is exciting! And...heck ya, I would tell them about the suicide! I wouldn't want to live there, and it can only help!
Getting a house ready to sell is a huge pain in the butt! At least it is only 800 SqFt and not 3000 SqFt, right? I can't believe you guys are actually doing it! So, can you be convinced to move to Cedar City? I promise you would really like it {{wink, wink}}!
Post a Comment