You might be surprised to learn that I'm related to the good looking couple standing with me and Jeff. That's my brother Kip/Chris and his lovely wife Heather. As pleasing as they appear, you might also be surprised to know that they are exceptionally kind and fun to be around. We had the good fortune of hosting them in this weekend while Kip attended a seminar. We were very lucky to have this visit at all considering that Kip was in a nasty car accident last week in Montana. Kip is finishing up his PhD at BYU and was in a van with some other students to attend a different seminar. The driver of Kip's van tried to pass another car on a two lane mountain road. His van hit black ice and flipped across the oncoming traffic lanes and landed in a snowy embankment. Kip's window broke out and he found himself upside down with his head in the snow. He endured a neck brace, wet sweater, and a below zero hour and half ride to the hospital in the ambulance. After multiple tests they determined Kip was unharmed. Heather said Kip had scratches on his face from the broken glass, but even those were healed when we saw him. It just wasn't his time to go and I am so glad.
Kip got us all to go see Gran Torino. I have to say I was hesitant because of my last rated R movie experience with Tropic Thunder. This movie probably had as much of the F word but it was made tolerable by the exceptional message and upliftingness of the movie. I would highly recommend this movie (and I never say that). It's the best I've seen for a long time.
I will miss Kip growling like Clint Eastwood's character in Gran Torino and Heather's sweet and lovely company. We are so thankful they could come and see us.
2 comments:
Those kind of good movies are rare a few between. Really, your brother's accident sounds horrifying. So glad he was unharmed.
missy, i am way late on commenting because our internet has been down...but just in case you come back and read the comments, thank you for being such gracious hosts, we just had so much fun with you all. and yes, that movie was so good, minus the multiple swear words!! we love and miss you!!!
Post a Comment