Monday, February 16, 2009

Santa Monica for Grandma

These pictures at the Santa Monica Pier are for Grandma and anyone else interested. We took the two and half hour trip up on Saturday because I was getting tired of errand Saturdays.

This is the best picture I could get of Nicky on her first adult amusement park ride. The "Dragon" was one of those giant swings that eventually takes the riders perpendicular to the sky and then swooshes back down again. I love how Jeff took her to the back row for her first time. The back row always goes highest. Nice! I was so nervous. She looked so little. She had a big smile until the swing went high and then she buried her head in Daddy's chest. At the end of the ride, her face emerged again with a big Nicky smile. She loved it! Kristen calls her a thrill junky. At the park the other day she told us to take the boys off the teeter totter circle ride so she could make it go as fast as she wanted without their protests.

Andy wanted to go on the Dragon too but is too little. He enjoyed these little cars and airplanes though. These kids come in such cute sizes. I love their ages.

Santa Monica Pier is filthy. There are homeless all over the beach and the hamburger joint charges seven dollars for a gross patty on a dry bun. I'd recommend stopping at McDonald's beforehand.

Even so it was fun. On the ride home the kids slept and Jeff revealed he likes Alan Jackson and the song, "Remember When." Are you kidding me? I had no idea Jeff harbored feelings for country music. We'll need to take long rides more often so I can catch up on his new tastes. You think you know a person!

2 comments:

KellyDiane said...

Cute pictures! Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. That Alan Jackson song makes me cry.

SuburbiaMom said...

Those are darling kids, you have there!!