As I was picking through the picked over .25 cent selection of worn out Motherhoods, Amber appeared. She was helping with the sale. Amber is in my ward and I visit teach her. Let's just say I've never met a woman that dresses more stunning and more expensively in all my life. In fact, I often feel I have nothing in my closet that is good enough to wear when I go visiting teaching.
Anyway, from beneath the pile, Amber picked up a snakeskin, trendy-looking maternity dress, put it in my pile, and told me it used to be hers. (She just had her last baby in December.) I tried not to act too excited when she told me she'd paid $250 for it. Then she proceeded to invite me over to her house this week to receive a gift of all the rest of her maternity clothes. Nice! She was naming all sorts of sweet designer names I've never heard of. As I walked home from the rummage sale, there was sudden spring in my step and a joy in my heart. I'm growing a watermelon belly and I'll soon be wearing Amber's old clothes! I'll be better dressed pregnant than I am as my regular self. Bring on the weight I say! It suddenly feels like Christmas.
3 comments:
I love when I get hand-me-downs. One good thing about having kids after all of your friends is that they all have clothes to spare. I got a lot.
OK, you are the luckiest girl in the world!!!! I am expecting photos of your new maternity wardrobe.
What on earth! Are those silky ski pants!? hahahah. love it!
Post a Comment