Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Short Sale or Long Sale

It's just about time for me to select houses for our viewing pleasure on Saturday. We are headed up to stay with Jeff's parents this weekend and have a Saturday full of home searching in Sacramento planned. To our great disappointment we see that 90% of the houses on the market are short sales. Our realtor doesn't seem interested in dealing with them and we aren't that enthusiastic either. We've heard it can take the bank a long time (like months) to return word on offers. So they are more like long sales instead of short sales. Anyhow, we are going up to check things out and hopefully stabilize our future living arrangements.

Next week I'm going to leave a gift for the garbage man. Last night we forgot to take the trash out. It was an emergency situation this morning because we'd already forgotten to take it out last week. I heard the garbage truck and sat straight up in bed. I woke up Jeff in a panic. By the time we got the broken garage door open the garbage truck had finished its deed and was sailing off around the corner. Jeff and I looked at each other to size up who was least inappropriately dressed. The job of chasing the garbage truck down fell upon me. I was wearing a shirt. So I ran barefooted in my gross shorts, t-shirt, and bed head down the streets of our complex in a mad search for the green truck. Communication with the garbage man was scanty at best thanks to the roaring din of the truck. I was prepared to haul the garbage to his next location but he gave me a smile and told me he'd make a second trip past our building. (I wonder at how humorous it must be for the garbage man to see a panic-stricken woman running madly towards him at 6:30 in the a.m.) I don't know how the garbage man has such power over me. He filled the day with gladness and fresh smells. I'm going to make him a candy bar poster and leave it out by the can next week. I freaking love the garbage man.

9 comments:

Skinner Family said...

Okay, that is the giggle I needed this morning - thanks! Good luck house hunting :)

Anonymous said...

So that is why you love the garbage man! I thought you might just be fascinated by the whole garbage truck gizmo...it is pretty exciting! So you are moving up North? Is that true? Well, I will wish good luck house hunting, but it makes me sad that you are lookig at house up North. We better get together soon!

Marie' said...

That is one cool garbage man. Wow! Our garbage man doesn't even crack a smile when our kids wave at him.

Lisa said...

That is such a great story! I can just see you chasing him down. He's sounds like a nice guy. Our mail man is nice like that and has been calling Sarah by name for years - and me also. I'm still sad you are moving!

Jen and her men said...

Good luck house hunting! Love to the G.M.

myspoileddogs said...

HAHAHA... ROFL!!!


Short sales can be a good deal! Being patient isn't so bad but I guess if you need to be out of your house it's probably a bigger deal!

SuburbiaMom said...

That's awesome.

Kimberly said...

Are you sure you don't want to move to Cedar City??? Come on the weather's great, family friendliness, and, of course, the DowDell's are HERE!! Just kidding.

I can't believe you guys are moving! I hope you find a great buy and something that you love. One of these days we'll have to make a trip up to visit you guys...good luck!

Tammy said...

I know lots of people dealing with this too. Hmmm I am frustrated just buying a car so househunting for me would be torturous.