Monday, July 27, 2009

Mad Artist

I bought Nicky some new markers at CVS so she could color at the babysitters during my root canal. There has been a sudden transition in Nicky's coloring. Kelly first noticed last month that Nicky was appropriately coloring items on coloring pages (e.g., tree trunks were brown, leaves were green, etc.) A week later I noticed that she was drawing actual images on white sheets of paper. She drew all kinds of helium balloons. Say goodbye to the scribbler and hello to our little artist.

Nicky colored and drew at the kitchen table for hours today. She got so crazy that there are colors all over her face, hands, dress, and table. When Andy saw Nicky after his nap he exclaimed, "Oh, Nicky is very colorful!"

Here are some of her masterpieces, Daddy and Mommy. Today was the first day she's ever drawn people. Daddy's eyes are a little green and a little blue. He seems to have lost the blue one. I have blond hair and earrings. Aren't the smiles great? Very Jokerish but real colorful and that was what she was going for.

All this creativeness also comes with some new vocabulary as of late. Nicky's new favorite word is "dang." "Mom, get me some dang noodles!" and "Andy, get off the dang couch." Our little Nick Knack is growing up and has some attitude to boot.

2 comments:

Tammy said...

I love looking at kids art. I took a class where we had to study it as part of child development. The pics are adorable.

Lisa said...

:)