The condo we just sold sat amongst multi-million dollar houses in gated communities. Because of said wealth in the land, the landscape surrounding the condo was preternaturally groomed. I don't think I ever saw a weed in a the 3 1/2 years we lived there. It was gorgeous. There was plenty of walking trails and parks around but there was little in the way of shopping. The nearest grocery store was a 10 minute drive and Costco, Walmart, and everything else major was a 20+ minute drive. Rich people do not like their stores close for some reason. Maybe it's because those fancy cars need many an outing. Who knows!
Our new rental condo is not far from our old place but quite the change. It's the only month-to-month contract we could find so it's not the richest of dwellings. There is more racial diversity. This condo complex is a converted apartment complex so there are oodles of units all jammed together. The place has popcorn ceilings, old runny toilets, and an old-fashioned horizontal white trellis across the front patio that sort of scares me. All that being said, we are having some fun times here. We live across from the YMCA so it is effortless to go to the gym in the morning plus they have a fun water park pool for the kids. We can walk to the grocery store (the good one that sells chocolate pudding bundt cake), library, bagel shop, Blockbuster, etc. Today, I didn't even get in the car. It reminds me so much of my teenage home in Lehi, Utah. We used to live right off Main Street. In fact, I dreamed this morning that I looked out past the trellis here and saw the Lehi Bakery and Colonial House. I think I could smell those yummy butterflake rolls. I woke up before I could walk over. Ha, ha you can totally tell I'm pregnant. It may be dangerous to live near all this yummy food. Jeff was horrified to find I'd single-handedly polished off one of those bundt cakes in three days. I have to remind him that I'm supposed to gain a pound a week so I'm allowed these disgusting splurges.
These social classes have it all switched around. Isn't it more fun to live by stuff? Who misses spending life in the car?
2 comments:
Maybe those people have maids and whatnot that do their shopping for them, so why should they care? I pretty much look for houses depending on how close it is to a Target. If it takes more than 10 minutes, it's not worth it.
Sounds like the perfect place to live. Maybe you won't even make it up to Sac. Haha.
Post a Comment