Thursday, August 6, 2009

Highlights

This is not going to be a travel log although there were many travel hours last week. I'll post a few of the favorite pictures and write about favorite moments not shown in any pictures.

First off I lost the whole case of DVDs. I think it happened during one of the diaper changes at the park (see post below). I prayed they'd be found but they weren't. I don't think the Lord values our movies as much as we do. Nicky had a freak when I told her the only DVD left in the mini-DVD player was Thomas the Tank Engine's Toy Workshop. She howled and carried on that she didn't want to watch Thomas the whole four hours to Montana. She finally cheered after Daddy caved and spent 50 dollars on new movies at Walmart. What did the pioneers do without DVDs?


If you talk to Jeff, he'll swear on his life that the kids fight/annoy each other/cry ALL the time. But I think these pictures are evidences enough of his exaggerations.

I love this picture because it reminds me of the thorough enjoyment I took from keeping the hotel room air conditioned below freezing. I packed the kids' Christmas pajamas on purpose. The past few nights were the first nights in months I haven't been sweating. I also laugh thinking on the night at 3 in the a.m. when the kids took turns falling out of bed and hurting themselves. Nicky took a severe hit to the back from the night stand. I remedied their position by turning them horizontal and putting pillows at the foot of the bed so they had only one soft direction to fall.

More evidence of sibling love.

This picture makes me laugh. Having the kids has aged me and matured my inner worrier. I'm definitely the worried mom in the car and boat, holding on to the O.S. bar for dear life and telling Jeff to slow down. Jeff wanted to go much faster than I'd let him in this rented, motorized canoe. I suddenly felt the fragility of all our lives when thinking of the millions of gallons of freezing water beneath us.

I jokingly asked Jeff what he'd do without me. With a wry, wearied smile he simply said, "drive faster!" Poor man!

Andy is such a stickler for nap time. He actually fell asleep with this noose-like life jacket on in the middle of the lake. I don't complain. I just don't know any other kid that insists on his nap more than Andy. He even took his nap on time at Disneyland.

A view of some of Glacier National Park's Beauty.

A cute shot of Nicky.


So Jeff said not to bring swimsuits to Glacier because the water was too cold but the kids got right in.

How could they resist the beckoning of this clear and clean lake water?

I saw on the Today show that you shouldn't let kids over four run around nude. So I gave Nicky a modesty patch for the blog. She did have on underwear. There was no holding her back at the lake.

Andy asked to take his diaper off but there are limits. There are no nude lakes at Glacier. The kids LOVED throwing and collecting rocks at the lake. That was hands down their favorite activity at Glacier.
Overall we had a great trip. Glacier National Park is beautiful. Even though it was a lot of driving we all had a great time together. I'll post more pictures on facebook for the truly interested.

2 comments:

SuburbiaMom said...

Cute pictures and of course (as always) love the commentary from you!!

Cami said...

That looks lovely! Fun times. Except the fighting.