Thursday, April 8, 2010

Is it Wrong to Feel Disappointed When...

the kids are all in bed, I snuggle up in my favorite spot on the couch, and find there's nothing waiting on the DVR but four sessions of LDS General Conference and a Music and the Spoken Word? I missed some talks so I recorded everything. It just feels like such a task to get in "the mode" for it again. It's so wrong to scroll desperately for a forgotten, hidden episode of Dancing with the Stars, ET or Grey's Anatomy when edifying conference is there bolded and untouched on the menu. When the rest of you are in the Celestial Kingdom and I'm not there, you'll know why.

3 comments:

Marie' said...

I love your honesty. It reminded me why I like Women's Conference. I recorded lots of the talks later on BYU TV but never watched it again. I know how you feel.

Lisa said...

I know how you feel also Melissa. I missed some and have them taped but haven't sat down to watch them yet. Instead I do watch episodes of other things. I will eventually get to them :)

Jen and her men said...

you'll get to it, when you're in the mood. i do the same thing. it's great when you can't sleep...ha!