Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Five and 6 Month Checkups

There was method to the madness of doing two checkups the same day. Do to a screwup at the San Diego pediatrician's office, Nicky had to get four immunization shots. I thought it would be easier for her if Christian got his shots with her. Nicky and Andy get such enjoyment when watching him get shots in his thighs. Nicky went first and was so brave. She wanted me to hold her and didn't cry for the first two shots. The MMR is a sore one so I couldn't blame her for her tears for shots three and four. She perked up when I said it was Christians turn. She laughed and laughed because he was sleeping in his car seat and had to be awakened by needles. There was a wheezing emergency in the office so we didn't get timely professional attention. We were done in two hours. This is how the kids looked after the long wait. This looks like a mug shot trio. They were so good. Christian even skipped his morning snooze.
Nicky and Christian are small. Nicky is 24% and Christian is 17% (though he is 60% for his head growth). I doubt I've ever been less than 50% in my life so they got a pleasant petite gene from the Camachos. I'll claim the big head gene.

I love 'em little and I love 'em big. They're cute and fun to kiss. Nicky has been spending her days looking for lizards in the hot sun. She prays every night she'll be able to catch one. She says, "I'm tired of spending all day outside. I just want to catch one." One day she grabbed a lizard and felt it's skin on hers but the neighbors dogs came bounding over and scared her so she let go. So traumatic. If you have any lizard catching tips, send them our way. They're fast little devils.
I thought I'd come to terms with Nicky growing up since Kindergarten is only four months away. However, after a healthy bite of corn on the cob last night, Nicky informed us of her first loose tooth. This growing happens at lightning speed. Isn't she supposed to be in school before that happens?

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Your kids are so adorable!! I also don't think they look too small or that Christian's head is too big :)I'll have to ask my boys about lizard catching tips because they were always catching them. I think the worst was when someones shoe was left outside and they couldn't get their foot in it so I stuck my hand in to see what was in it and it was a dead lizard - yuck!!!

Amber said...

Such cutie pies! I've had a couple preschool kids lose teeth, but that is fairly early little Nikki. We can't wait to see you guys!

KellyDiane said...

such cute pictures. Wow a loose tooth already, she is speedy. I'm going to guess the lower front? Willing to bet on it actually. :) Dont forget to get sealants on her six year molars when they come in, sounds like she might get them soon..of course I'm sure your dentist will remind...

SuburbiaMom said...

What a great post (as usual). My only lizard tips, which work for my husband it seems, is to dangle one hand way out in front of their faces, move your fingers around to get them really staring at your hand--than you grab them from behind with the other hand.

Good luck!