Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Evidence of Oldness?
I was thoroughly annoyed by the water fight that the teenagers instigated during the ward Memorial Day BBQ yesterday. Does that make me old? I used to enjoy a good water fight. In fact, I remember soaking and flooding a boys' apartment back at Branbury 10 years ago. So why did I feel crusty about the teenagers taking all the water balloons that were meant for the children's' relay games? Maybe it was because I was in charge (I'm the ward activities chair). I thought it wasteful that the water fighters took all the bottled waters and used them for sloshing each other. Ha, ha...I've turned into the crusty-faced adult that makes water fights all the more fun for the young. Too bad they didn't soak me. It was always the most fun to wet down the frowning faces.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Guess you'll have to have a stash for the teenagers next year :).
I was thinking about this one Missy. I really believe you were upset not because you're old, but because you worked so hard to get everything organized and then those who invested nothing into the planning and preperation ruined what you had done. This has nothing to do with age, just an investment in time and energy that seemed wasted. Anyone would feel the same.
Post a Comment