My favorite of all the experiences thus far is the lizard prayers. Nicky prayed for a solid month to catch a lizard. She caught a dead one, almost grabbed a tail, and had an opportunity to grab a huge one but got scared by its fatness. I reminded her that prayers don't always get answered right away and I told her about patience. She was very patient. She went outside every day and worked on her agility, quickness on tip toe, and various plans for capture. Jeff and I tried ourselves to catch the little farts but they're too quick.
I had just about had enough and was going to resort to buying mealworms at the pet store, when Uncle Daniel came and saved me. Daniel is Jeff's younger brother who was visiting from Portland. He went outside with Nicky one morning and helped her catch this blue belly lizard.
I was napping with Andy when I heard squeals of delight coming from outside. Nicky learned that sometimes answers to prayers come through someone else. I love to watch my kids' knowledge of gospel principles expand through these experiences. I'm thankful for answers to prayers.
4 comments:
I love those prayers also :) I have fond memories of some particular prayers our kids had when they were younger. Sarah, as a teenager, recently had a situation she and all of our family had been praying about. After several months it was answered and answered in the best possible way. She bore her testimony last month about the pioneer youth trek that youth went on and how miracles didn't just happen for the pioneers that they happen now and how she had experienced a miracle through prayer :)
I loved your post. It was just what I needed after a long tiring day.
oh I love that, too cute.
That is such a cute story. Niki is so brave. I never would have wanted to catch a lizard or EVEN let one crawl on my back....cute girl!
Post a Comment