Sunday, July 4, 2010

Official Pianist

I am not the permanent pianist but today I accompanied primary children in sharing time. It was my first time playing for singers. It scared the shit out of me and I did it with heart racing and stiff fingers. I figured out how to use whiteout to make the songs more playable with nerves. All songs went fairly smoothly except for the Wise Man and the Foolish Man. There were some major timing issues. They ended up singing acappella. One kid yelled out, "well I guess we heard ourselves that time."

2 comments:

Cami said...

What a rude kid! I think pianists should be given a prize. I think they can come in and drop out whenever they want and I'm fine with it (as the chorister). I'm sure you did great!

KellyDiane said...

pretty talk, do you have to be so crude :)