Monday, August 20, 2007

Elusive Marriage


Here is a picture of me and my baby sister. Kelly is very beautiful, smart, and fun to be around. She is a practicing dental hygienist and in a constant state of panic because she is 27 1/2 and single. I think she probably has some kind of chain or countdown ticker in her head that is constantly alerting her that she is "almost" 30 and not wed.

I'm not sure why someone so precious and sweet is still on the market as it were. I think she just has to be patient and someday the perfect guy will come along. I'm not sure why the timing can't be the same for everyone or why some have to wait for certain things. I only know that I love my sister and I always love hearing from her. Tonight she made me laugh so hard when she let me listen to one of her messages. It is an offering from some guy that was in her old ward. I had to laugh as it reminded me so well of the dating scene and the types of messages that can be accumulated in the receptacle that is a single girl's voicemail.

1 comment:

Amber said...

Is that a recent picture? If so, Kelly is quite the traveler lately! I think Katy has her same body type. I am glad at least some of my kids will be a little taller than their Mom, thanks to the peck genes! It looks so nice at the beach-Jealous!