Here's a pic of the kids and their new matching strollers. After two babies, the old stroller has died and the double stroller is ok if you don't mind if Andy lives or not. (Nicky beats, bites, pulls hair, and wakes up the individual sitting next to her). So this is our newest purchase and we feel all mobile again.
In other news, I feel all yucky today. This has been going on since yesterday when I read that the teenage cancer patient I was following lost his battle with cancer. I don’t even know Miles Levin but I came to love him and care about him through his blog. So hence it feels like I lost a friend and the world lost someone special. I got this feeling a few weeks ago when Newsweek came and I saw that 4 great apes were murdered in the Congo. They had pictures of them being carried out of the jungle all lifeless and I cried. The next week Newsweek came and it had an article on global warming. So we were at the beach today and when I got in the water and it was a record 77 degrees, all I could think of was that Nicky and Andy are going to grow up and live in a hot world where diversity of wildlife goes no further than cows, cats, and dogs.
Why all this negativity inside? I’m not sure why certain things set me off. Jeff says he is not going to let me read Newsweek anymore. I wonder if that will help. I think I'm a little mental. Every once in awhile I get worried about random things or I just feel gloomy and try to find a reason. The world is filled with so much good as is my life but once in awhile, things that are sad hit me. Or when someone dies in a physical or mental sense, I am reminded that life is temporary and nothing is a guarantee and that sort of stinks. However, I just saw this little pic from the beach today and I am reminded of how Andy doesn't worry about much. I need to be more like him.
Why all this negativity inside? I’m not sure why certain things set me off. Jeff says he is not going to let me read Newsweek anymore. I wonder if that will help. I think I'm a little mental. Every once in awhile I get worried about random things or I just feel gloomy and try to find a reason. The world is filled with so much good as is my life but once in awhile, things that are sad hit me. Or when someone dies in a physical or mental sense, I am reminded that life is temporary and nothing is a guarantee and that sort of stinks. However, I just saw this little pic from the beach today and I am reminded of how Andy doesn't worry about much. I need to be more like him.
1 comment:
First of all, thank you for the surprise gift on my car this morning! I think you invested your money wisely by buying new, nice strollers! Also, I agree with Jeff...you need to stop reading Newsweek. Devon would tell you there is too much liberal propoganda bla bla bla in that stuff and that you should watch more Fox News! My advice is to read less Newsweek and stick to the gossip sections of People and Us magazines. We need to hang out and do something uplifting!
Post a Comment