Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Roommates


Just so everyone knows, slumber parties aren't fun anymore after you are married. Especially the kind that include sleeping bags and sleeping on the floor in the living room. This is what Jeff and I have been doing for the last couple of months while the kids enjoyed both bedrooms in our home. A few days ago, I decided I had had enough. Jeff had long since had enough but his protests were overruled by my fear of crying babies. So I made the executive decision to move both cribs and both kids in together a couple of days ago. The first night went fine despite an early wake up call at 5 a.m. Last night was terrible with both of them crying and screaming. Sometimes they would take turns and sometimes they would cry in unison. My friend Rebecca talked me through last night telling me that it takes a few nights for them to get used to each other and then they do fine. I'm sad to hear them crying but oh how nice my bed feels. I sleep the whole night without waking to a sore hip or the smell of carpet in my face. Jeff says it is a "luxury" to come to his bed at night and that the house seems much bigger.
Despite what it sounded like last night, Nicky says she likes, "Boy sleeping in Nicky's room."

2 comments:

Cami said...

Good luck with that! My boys have been in the same room for a couple months now, and lately they have NOT been nice. I've been threatening to separate them. They just play and jump and never go to sleep. They used to just go right to bed!! What happened?

Anyway, they always go through sleeping phases. I'm sure your kids will figure it out soon.

Kimberly said...

That is hilarious! Hopefully things continue to get better and better!