This picture was taken a couple of seconds before Nicky stuck her head between the slats of the gate and got her head completely stuck. It was my idea to take the family to temple last night because Nicky sings "I Love to See to the Temple" and got so excited about the idea of hanging out at the actual temple. I forgot that on Monday nights the entire thing is closed down. Nicky was so excited when we pulled up. She looked all mesmerized and began singing the song to the temple like a serenade or like someone saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. The problem started when she found she couldn't get any closer than the gate would allow. So I think she was trying to get into the temple grounds when she stuck her head in. So there was much crying and I couldn't get her head out. Jeff told us both to calm down and raised her up -- still stuck! He pulled her down -- still stuck! Finally he gave it a good pull and she came out. She cried and whined the rest of the night though. She wanted a binky (pacifier) and the only grocery store around that area is Whole Foods. So we went in the hopes of finding some kind of organic rubber binky but there was no such thing. We tried to make her stop crying with a chocolate chip cookie but to no avail. So my idea to visit the temple last night was pretty much a disaster. Oh well, every family night can't work out well I guess.
Tuesday, August 7, 2007
I Love to See the Temple
This picture was taken a couple of seconds before Nicky stuck her head between the slats of the gate and got her head completely stuck. It was my idea to take the family to temple last night because Nicky sings "I Love to See to the Temple" and got so excited about the idea of hanging out at the actual temple. I forgot that on Monday nights the entire thing is closed down. Nicky was so excited when we pulled up. She looked all mesmerized and began singing the song to the temple like a serenade or like someone saying the Pledge of Allegiance to the flag. The problem started when she found she couldn't get any closer than the gate would allow. So I think she was trying to get into the temple grounds when she stuck her head in. So there was much crying and I couldn't get her head out. Jeff told us both to calm down and raised her up -- still stuck! He pulled her down -- still stuck! Finally he gave it a good pull and she came out. She cried and whined the rest of the night though. She wanted a binky (pacifier) and the only grocery store around that area is Whole Foods. So we went in the hopes of finding some kind of organic rubber binky but there was no such thing. We tried to make her stop crying with a chocolate chip cookie but to no avail. So my idea to visit the temple last night was pretty much a disaster. Oh well, every family night can't work out well I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, you tried so hard. Too bad. But that is a cute picture, and when she wants to be a naughty teenager, you can tell her she used to want to get into the temple so bad she got her head stuck in the gate!
Poor Nicky! I would never have guessed she had an owie last night--she was so happy at the beach today. So, did you ever find a binky? How did you calm her down?
Family night around here is usually a nightmare, but generally not with injuries! Sometimes Allyson is invited to play with toys in her room so we can finish the so called lesson. Anyway, I thought those gates were supposed to be built according to codes and such that don't allow for that sort of problem--Yikes! I think Cami's teenager idea is great!
Post a Comment