When I was pregnant with Andy and before I knew his gender, I dreamed of having another little girl to dress up. Today, Nicky and I thought it would be fun to turn Andy into a little princess sister. He hated it. He kept pulling at the ruffles and the sequins and you could read it in is face that he wanted it OFF. At least we know he isn’t leaning toward cross dressing at this point. He is a definite little man.
Here are some other kid funnies:
Today the three of us went to the airport to retrieve Jeff’s luggage that came in after he did last night. On the way home from the airport, Nicky was watching Barney on the little DVD player and Andy started having a problem about something. I tried to calm him down by talking to him but it didn’t work. A few minutes later, Nicky yelled out, “Boy, I can’t hear my show!” I just laughed to myself when she said it thinking there was no way that would help but then he totally stopped crying. There you go…Nicky knows how to soothe better than I can. Maybe I will try the yelling approach next time.
Last night I was reading scriptures and Nicky came over and grabbed the Bible from the triple. She started thumbing through the pages. She was crinkling things so I told her it was time to put it away and she said, “No, I’m reading my scriptures.” Then she kept saying, “Heavenly Father loves me,” softly to herself. It was so sweet.
Last week we started Andy back in his crib for full nights after the last sickness. I thought there would be hour and a halfs of crying all night as there has been in the past. However, he really didn’t cry much at all. A few nights ago he started saying, “night night,” when the lights went off. That is what we always say to Nicky when she goes to bed. I realized that he had been paying attention to me putting Nicky to bed for the last few months that is probably why he was more accepting of his own bed this time. He is such a little observer and always has been. He is just always quietly watching and it takes me by surprise what he understands.
Tonight they have moved in together and there is cohabitation once again in the small room…I hope it goes well.
6 comments:
HILARIOUS!!! Wow, how did Jeff feel about the dress up party? I bet Nicky was laughing. Keep the stories and pictures coming, I love em!!!
I forgot whose blog I had gone to and I looked at those pictures and said to myself, oh, that poor little girl looks like a boy. And then I saw who it was! You are so funny.
Good luck with the room sharing!!
One time Taylor dressed up Luke in her princess stuff and when Devon got home from work, and saw how Luke was dressed, he suggested that maybe we should put the dress-up stuff away for awhile so that Taylor couldn't dress her brother like that anymore. It was really funny!
I hope the sharing rooms goes better this time around...I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
I must say when I first saw the picture I thought to myself..."oh no did nicky cut her hair" !! Poor thing...
That picture is so funny! I laughed so hard. Thanks! Your children are both very clear on their gender. I love how Nicky reads the scriptures....she gets the main message at such an early age. She must have great parents!
Post a Comment