I’ve decided feeling sorry for myself doesn’t suit me. Speaking of suits, my swimsuit the other day didn’t suit me either. I’ve come to a crossroads. For the last month I’ve been feeling self pity because I see other people running everywhere and I can’t be amongst them. As posted before, I have a major case of tendonitis in the right knee and am not sure when it will let up. From August to December running was like a drug to me. It provided alone time coupled with sounds of nature, smells of grass and flowers, the sound of my feet hitting the ground like little drums, and the feel of my heart pounding. I’ve heard runners are borderline OCD and I feel it in myself. I loved it and my body was responding happily with lost weight and more muscle and energy. I loved the little 5Ks and the energy of the fellow racers and the little goal it provided.
In reaction to my injury, I have been eating piggy and not working out. I’ve decided to change. I am terrible at making goals (a consequence I attribute to not obtaining that darn Young Women Medallion) so I am enlisting your help. I saw Trista Sutter (that Bachelerotte lady) on Tyra Banks the other day. They asked her how she lost her baby weight so quick. She said she was scheduled to be on the cover of Us in a bikini and this provided ample motivation. As hot as I am, I am fairly sure I will never make the cover of any major publication wearing a bikini. However, I remembered I do have this blog and have decided that on May 12th (two months from now) I will report on my physical fitness and hopefully my weight loss. If I look smoking hot, I may even post a swimwear picture. I am hoping I will be minus 10 pounds. Wish me luck!
7 comments:
Ooh, you only need to lose 10 pounds to get all your baby weight off? Wow! Good luck, I'm sure you're smokin' hot already.
Ooh la la! A picture of you in a bikini...you are so brave...I should join your quest! Devon has been dying to get me into a bikini, but I have never given in. We should get together and do Pilates...it works...it really does! Good luck!
My ten year reunion is coming up, so that's my motivation. Maybe I'll finally start a blog with a picture in a bikini--riiight! I was going to ask you if you've tried speed walking? I've heard of a lot of women loosing weight doing that? And everyone looks super attractive power walking! Sorry about your leg though, I know how frustrating that can be. I've noticed the more weights and biking I've done, the less my knees hurt when I do run. I don't even notice the plate anymore! Best of luck to you!!! You'll be running more 5K's before you know it!!!! And I'm staying tuned for that bikini pic!
Bikini picture? Are you guys crazy? I said I am going to lose ten pounds not have cosmetic surgery which is what it would take to put a picture of me up wearing a bikini!!! A tankini maybe.
I hate those injuries. It always makes me so grateful for the times when everything is working right. I had to go get help for my hip this past month. Every once in a while my knees act up too, but probably not to the extent of your stuff. If you like to swim it is no impact and a great workout. You are doing great to try to stay positive. It is so easy to be discouraged. Don't worry, you will run again!
I had run for years until after Kedrick's birth. On top of my knee issues it screwed up my back so anything jarring is out for me. It took me about 18months to finally accept it and not be totally depressed when I saw people running on the beach. I still miss it but I don't feel like crying everytime I see people running now! It definitely is a hard transition but hopefully it will just be temporary and you'll be out there running soon! I'm impressed with your goals!
Post a Comment