I took the kids to the YMCA to go swimming in the indoor pool today. I thought it would be a big treat because last summer Nicky was a little fish and Andy didn't mind the water either. I sacrificed my own good mood for this selfless motherly act by putting on the Victoria's Secret swimsuit I bought in October for our Florida trip. It looked fine back then when there was religous running. Sadly, with the knee setback, there hasn't been running for a few months and sporadic workouts at best. As a consequence, the extra 5 pounds did nothing to help me look good in my suit. There was a little of riding up and the push up bra was pushing up a little more than I wanted pushed. Just not a good day for a suit.
Anyhow, we got to the locker room and after what seemed like a half hour of putting on swimming diapers and suits and getting drinks of water, we made it to the actual pool. We sat on the step for a couple of minutes and then we ventured in. Nicky started crying and was clinging so tightly. She had her legs wrapped around one of my legs so tight I could barely move. In addition, Nicky hands were grabbing my suit and things were sliding up and peeking out where they shouldn't be. I just held Andy closer for modesty. Andy was crying too because he didn't like the water either. So we went back to the steps and I sat holding two crying children. The life guard was just laughing. I started laughing too. We must have looked like we were having so much fun !
So then we left, put dry clothes on everyone, and got back in the car. On the drive home there were the feelings of failure for trying to do something fun but not succeeding in the least. At least I got a sneak peak at summer today and it will motivate me more toward the gym. I guess I should stick with the consistent crowd pleaser...the park!
5 comments:
Wow! That is an experience. Sometimes Ethan has no interest in getting IN the pool, but he always plays along the outskirts. I just never know what I'm going to get at the pool, though, so I think you're smart in sticking with the park!
You should give yourself a huge pat on the back for even venturing out, with two kids, to the YMCA pool all by yourself! You are awesome! It takes so much energy and time to do something like that and it's always a downer when it doesn't work out the way you intended. But, I agree, stick to the stuff that's free and the kids love and everyone will be happy.
You changed the look of your blog...I like it!
I like the change! Way cute picture of Nicky and Andy.
You had a blog makeover. Very nice! Echoing the comments of others....you are a hero for even attempting the two kids in a pool by yourself stunt. I only attempt it if I can have floaties. Love the picture of Nicky and Andy!
Post a Comment