Thursday, December 4, 2008

Thanksgiving 2008



I'm finally posting pictures of Thanksgiving since I know everyone was anxiously waiting. In addition to the YMCA trip with Kelly there was cooking of traditional Thanksgiving fare. We took Andy and Nicky to their first theater movie. They loved the first hour of Madagascar 2 and then the treats ran out and so did their attention span. Andy really really enjoyed the theater's bathroom blow dryer. We missed being with a large group of family but having Kelly and not having to travel made Thanksgiving relaxing and fun. Maybe next year we will be in more of a travel mode.

This Nicky comment really has nothing to do with Thanksgiving but I thought I'd fit it in. A couple of days ago we were leaving the pet store and Nicky and I had the following conversation:

N: "After I held that dog I gave it back to its owner"

M: "No, you gave it back to the employee. Those dogs don't have owners. They are waiting for someone to buy them."

N: "How do you buy a dog? (disgusted voice) Do they not put a dog in a grocery bag?"

I had to clear it up with her and tell her that if you buy a dog, they don't bag it up but allow you to carry out in your hands or a cage. I guess most of her experience buying anything is at the grocery store.

5 comments:

KellyDiane said...

I love Nicky's comments. I've said it before, your kids are so adorable! Thanks so much for having me come! I had so much fun, and miss you all.

Tribe M said...

I love how kids this age say the funniest things. You have some really cute pictures. I was thinking about taking the kids to the movies, but haven't ventured out yet. We'll start with the dollar theater so we can't waste too much money if they don't make it through.

myspoileddogs said...

Nicky's comments are cute but it's sad to me. I really hope that people out there understand what they are doing when they buy a puppy from a petstore. Do a little research on puppy mills and decide if you really want your children to learn to support these stores?

I'm sorry to sound so mean and negative but it breaks my heart to think about the puppys in these stores and what their parents go through!

Tribe M said...

By the way, your comment on my firestation tour made me laugh so hard! You are such a crack up!

Krustee said...

Nicky will be an animal rights' activist before she finishes third grade! The blow dryer in the bathroom picture is so funny!