Friday, December 12, 2008

Yummy Pumpkin Dip

This month I find myself in my kitchen more than I'd like. I'd like to find service elsewhere but seems I'm needed to make dinners for those with new babies, kidney stones, and missionary name tags. Tomorrow I make thirty six servings of scalloped potatoes and four dozen cookies for the Christmas party. I like working in the kitchen well enough but I don't like the mess. I also have a tendency to snack which makes it hard to be thinner.

I did make quite a find last week in this pumpkin apple dip. I made it for enrichment night. Once we convinced people it wasn't peanut butter, it was a hit. I also made it for the missionaries last Sunday and it moved Elder Hoffman to utter, "Sister Camacho, you are a wonderful cook!" I do take into account that it was fast Sunday but still, I don't know if I've ever had a complement like that and it was given with such zest. It made my day.

So here it is folks! Make it and enjoy the compliments. It's easy, yummy, and fairly healthy. Sorry I forgot to take a picture. It ends up looking a little like peanut butter but tastes infinitely better.

Pumpkin Cream Cheese Dip

Yields
12 servings (serving size: 2 tablespoons dip and 2 apple slices)

Ingredients
3/4 cup (6 ounces) 1/3-less-fat cream cheese
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
2 teaspoons maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
24 apple slices

Preparation
Place first 3 ingredients in a medium bowl, and beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add syrup and cinnamon, and beat until smooth. Cover and chill 30 minutes. Serve with apple.

4 comments:

Cami said...

sounds yummy!

I ALWAYS get pizza and salad to take for meals instead of cooking for people. I barely have energy and time to cook for my own family.

Kimberly said...

That sounds yummy! If only I had a party to attend to take it to...

I am feeling so guilty! I was reading your blog, 3 days ago, and pulled up the comment section and totally got distracted and forgot to leave a comment. I hope you don't feel like I've forgotten about you! Anyway...

There will always be a part of you that will long and feel sad for what happened when you were a child. It seems like everything was kind of left in limbo and you haven't had any closure...not that you need it...but that would make it hard! Start making your own traditions and you will find yourself looking forward to that and hopefully forgetting about what used to be. And, as far as I'm concerned, you are like family to us and always will be! You are welcome to spend your holidays with us anytime...I hope you know how much we love you guys!!

Marie' said...

Thank you for sharing the recipe! I love it when people do that because you know it is the tried and true. You are so nice to cook for people. I am sure they are appreciated. I can never repay for all the meals people like you brought after babies. We still talk about it.

Krustee said...

I'm so glad to have the recipe. This was so good!! And you are a great cook!