Jeff took Nicky to KinderNights at the zoo this evening so I got to spend some alone time with Andy. We went for a little walk down the trail behind our house. He made me carry him for the first part because he said he didn't want his shoes muddy even though there was no mud. When I let him down, he ran for awhile and looked so small and cute. His running is so funny. He kept stooping to pick up pretend dinosaur eggs and put them in his pockets. Then he'd say, "dinosaur egg cracking." When we got home, I made him a slide on the couch. It's his favorite thing for us to lean the air mattress against the couch. He grabs all the cushions off the couch and throws them at the bottom of the "slide" so that he will be cushioned at the finales of his dardevil tricks. He does jumping downward face plants, somersaults, and all kinds of backwards and sideways rolls.
We even got to do his Cars puzzle together without Nicky doing all the pieces. And lucky Andy! He actually got picture books read to him instead of the usual long princess stories with more words than pictures.
Bedtime took a refreshing 10 minutes and now it is time to wait for my little sweetheart bedtime monster to return. (By the way, the second doctor visit uncovered flat feet and perfect x-rays. The doctor also recommended leaving Nicky alone in her room with books and music instead of tickling and laying by her.)
I know this is probably a boring post to most but I wanted to record how much I love my little Andy. He is so sweet and mild and he has a little dimple that deepens up on his right cheek when he smiles. I kept thinking it would go away when he got bigger but I'm so glad it has stayed to further sweeten his fat cheeks. He plays so good with trains and most of the time with Nicky though the phrase his says most is, "I don't want to Nicky take it."
Man, when I found out there had been a birth control breakdown and we were expecting Andy, I went ballistic. How glad I am now that life sends surprises. This little surprise has been one of my greatest of miracles. I would never have planned to have kids so close together but Nicky and Andy are like salt and pepper. They are a little pair and so close to each other. I can't imagine one without the other.
3 comments:
I LOVE it when I get one on one time with one of my kids. Andy is so cute.
That is so cute! It amazes me how well our Heavenly Father knows us. I know that each of my children were meant to come to me, especially Bailey. Sometimes the unexpected suprises bring us the most blessings.
One on one time is so hard to come by. The first child gets so spoiled with mom and dad all to themselves (for awhile) and the others never quite get the same thing. Sounds like Andy is turning into a little boy and his talking sounds so cute!
Post a Comment