I thought after the life insurance prank of last year's April Fool's Jeff would be of the more suspicious kind. He's still as gullible as the day he was born. It brings me a delicious amount of evil glee.
This year's lie involved a fake e-mail from the lady at the San Diego Housing Commission. Jeff has been very excited that we may stand to earn some dollars if our condo ever sales. The price goes up when the interest rate goes low. Those of you who know Jeff know how stressy he gets over financials. He has such expectations for our future sale. That's why these kinds of tricks are so fun.
Here's the e-mail She (I) sent last night from a fake account.
Hi Jeff,
I have been out of the office sick this week so have not had a chance to return your phone call. I did want to let you know that Margi called me this evening and wants to proceed with buying the upstairs unit that just became available so she will not be buying your unit.
I do have some news for you that will be good news as far as helping with selling your unit quickly. The S.H.C. committee had a meeting last week and decided that because of the current housing market climate, all affordable unit prices will be dropped by 15%. In addition the AMI has dropped some over the past year because of salary reductions so that will also decrease the price of your unit. I will need to get back to my office before I can quote you the exact price of your unit. I'll do the calculations as soon as I can. I hope this will be good news to you. I trust that it will bring more buyer interest to available units in your complex.
Vicki
My mouth turned up into a naughty satisfied smile when I got this text from Jeff this morning:
"Too bad about condo. Looks like it will sell for less than we paid for it. Lose at least 10,000."
I was actually a little surprised he fell for it. So funny. I don't know why I get such enjoyment out of these things. April Fool's is one of my favorite holidays.
1 comment:
Ha, ha! You're my kind of person. We are evil.
Post a Comment