My voice was a casualty of laryngitis this week. Yesterday was the worst. If I tried to talk above a whisper, all that emerged was a sick whistle. I thought the kids would be unruly without my intermittent yelling but truth be told, they were pretty much the same. In fact, they started speaking in whispers themselves. I had the odd feeling that I was in the temple. Not a bad feeling but just not the usual for our house.
Today I just sound like a 13 year old boy; at times my voice is low and manly and at other moments frighteningly high and shrill.
Today I laid at the pool and looked at the trees swaying in the breeze while the kids played in the kiddie pool. I notice the Sycamores don't say much either and they are none the worse for silence. In fact, quiet things are rather peaceful. I found myself a little more peaceful this week. It's probably because I lack the ability to raise my voice or talk a lot. It's a good lesson for me. I'll have to take to whispering more often.
3 comments:
Jealous, lol. I repeat what I say so much in one work day, it would be nice to just have a day in silence...I sometimes get sick of the sound of my own voicea. Hope you feel better soon!
Yes, very interesting. I wonder what would happen if I started ONLY whispering. I'd have to actually approach a child to get their attention. Maybe it would make more of an impact. I wonder if I have the self-control to try it.
I get that a couple times a year and people always think you feel sick when actually you only sound sick.
Post a Comment