Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Prune Juice Nightcap

It's gross! Just a warning. Sad realities this way.

Prune Juice Nightcap
A prune juice nightcap
Is the drink you should do
If you are pregnant
And cannot go poo

Like security at San Quentin prison
A sluggish bowel will not release
No Metamucil or Miralax
Brings the growing tummy peace

Sickeningly, sweetly thick
And shockingly sour
An eight ounce glass
Don’t underestimate that power!


Miracles abound
not from concentrate
Sunsweet promises
That company seems to relate

Some have wine
To make calm before bed
A drink of prune juice
Relaxes my head instead

Tomorrow, an hour to the throne
Myself, I won’t have to resign
I’ll play with kids
Instead of finishing the Ensign

4 comments:

Lisa said...

That is funny! So our grandson who has SMA has bowel issues related to the disorder and they have to give him prune juice regularly. While we were in Utah our daughter who goes to college there has some bowel issues. Kira, the mom of the SMA child, gave her some of Evan's prune juice. You should have seen her face!! I think I'll have to share your poem. :D (You know what daughter I'm talking about. I just don't want to write her name or she'd be horrified I shared this online :D)

Marie' said...

That was awesome. A great way to start a day, with a big laugh.

KellyDiane said...

haha ha! funny

Tricks are for Kidds said...

What a wonderful talent you have...and not shy at all. Thanks for sharing!!