-- Experiencing a Utah springtime; complete with Todd and Amber's baby kittens, blossoms, purple gigantic mountains, and tulips.
-- Chatting until the wee hours of the morning with my teenage nieces and nephews. They tell me everything as long as their parents aren't listening. I finally got to witness Jackie's senior prom night beauty first hand.
-- Having nobody to put down for a nap but myself.
-- Meeting up with one of my best friends in the world, Kimberly.
-- Finding out via the above picture that I have boobs again. Hooray for pregnancy!
-- Chocolate chip cookies and lively conversation with my brothers and wives.
-- Passing out copies of Grandma's journal to surprised and happy relatives.
-- Attending a session in the Provo Temple with Kimberly and her sweet friend Carole.
-- Cafe Rio (twice).
-- Ice cream cake with family to celebrate Sadie's third birthday.
-- A Sunday afternoon stalking of my family's old property. Given the amount of cars parked in the driveway, I think it was for the best that I didn't gain entry. I did grow nostalgic over the lovely mountainous backdrop. Some things never change.
Sadities (sad-i-ties) : definition - things that make me sad
-- My sweet mother doesn't recognize me. She also acts non-communicative and lunaticish. Not sure how I deal with that one yet. I was heard to exclaim to myself yesterday after the visit, "I hate this life!" I really do sometimes.
Overall though, a successful trip. There's the update. I returned to find my house clean, a dozen roses in a vase, and my kids healthy and sleeping. What more could I ask for from a sweet husband? Hooray for Jeff sending me away and accepting me back. I really love this family.
10 comments:
Ryan and I always wonder why they have all those cars! That was the first thing we ever noticed about that house!
I am so sorry for the hard time with your mom. That is just so tough!!!
I am glad you had a great time. I am jealous you got a break from being mommy. Clay and I did have a quick "no kids" trip to Idaho Falls. My inlaws took the kids for the day so we could have a temple trip and lunch out. What a great hubby you have to take such good care of home, and flowers too!!
Sounds like overall you had an amazing trip. I'm glad you were able to go. Sorry about your mom :( I'll tell Alycia she has something to look forward with pregnancy. She is always complaining about how she was short changed in that department.
I really had the best time! I felt myself getting a little weepy reading your post. Although the classes weren't the best...everything else was better than words can say! Thank you for being such a good friend and traveling so far to see me. We'll have to do it again sometime. By the way, if only I could have boobs as big as yours...ha ha!
Fun trip! It is too bad we didn't get together, but I totally understand how it is. Looks like you had a great time.
Sorry about your mom. That must be hard.
I ran into Kimberly, but not with you. Too bad. That was a great conference. I was sad for the first time after I heard Sister Beck's talk that I can't have any more children. It was such a beautiful talk. But then I went to John Bytheway and this other awesome lady's class about teenagers, and felt all energized about becoming a supportive mom for my teenagers in a few years. I also had a great fast for the first time in a LONG time thanks to the class on fasting. I will be back with Scott's family every year, so we should meet up next time you come up.
Yay for Cafe Rio. And for sweet husbands!
Glad you had a great time! I look forward to those little vacations away from our jobs...as mothers.
Nice that you you got to have a vacation. Sounds like a fun trip.
Sounds like you had a such a great time! You look fabulous and glowy! I was really hoping I would get to see you both while you were in Utah. Bummed I got sick right then. What a sweet husband. I'm not sure that could happen in my household. The clean bit, the me leaving the kids part, and the flowers. I'm jealous!
Post a Comment