Saturday, August 22, 2009

End of Summer Happenings

As our summer closes this week around here, I'm grateful for a few things:

  • The paperwork is getting done quickly and we have less than three weeks before we move into our beautiful home.
  • I still miss our condo but I've tried to make this in between time fun at the lattice condo. There's been much of going to the pool, YMCA, and library. Nicky even had special time with me at the library this week, learned about the Loch Ness Monster (Nessie), and picked out her own books. I doubt we'll ever live in such close proximity to the library again and we've really enjoyed it.
  • Even though Sears stood me up for the kids' portraits (like there was not even an employee there for an hour), the Picture People were happy to accommodate me at six times what I planned to spend. I happily paid it so that I wouldn't have to curl Nicky's hair again. I still stressed over eating lunch in picture clothes. Andy got cream cheese all over his shirt. Luckily you can't tell!
  • I was happy to learn that my kids are brats and really have no trauma over moving. Ha, ha you would never know from those adorable cheeks and smiles but it is true. For the last three weeks I've had to lay by them to get them to bed and I always end up falling asleep myself. There's been no down time. I thought it was just the transition and they would adjust. I did a little experiment last night. I bought them each a new toy and told them if they went to sleep without a peep, they could have them in the morning. And there was...not a peep! BRATS! I'm on to them now. No more special treatment.
  • I'm happy Andy wasn't crushed by furniture. The crashing sound coming down my friends' townhome steps from the upstairs was just her baby's train wooden toy box. Andy thought it could ride down the stairs like tracks. Unfortunately it broke to pieces but nobody was hurt. It always feels bad when your kid breaks someone else's expensive stuff. Oh well, it's just the time of year to shell out money anyway for us.
  • Lastly, I found out at my OB appointment that baby is still doing well with plenty of fluid. Last pregnancy I think I was about to be on bedrest. An uneventful pregnancy is such a nice gift. I am thankful every day that I can make my own peanut butter sandwiches as well as take care of my family. I'm getting large too as the kids point out. I don't even care. Andy was riding little trains up and down my stomach and calling it a big hill. Nicky tells me I'm the biggest one in the family and Andy is the littlest. I try not to be offended about that one. It's true.

6 comments:

Kimberly said...

So much to catch up on...

I am thrilled that you found the perfect home. Sacramento seems so far away, but I think you will fit in perfectly there and finds lots of new wonderful friends and things to do. The farthest north, in California, I've gone is to Monterey. One of these days we'll have to venture further to visit you guys and see how things are going.

Anyway, I am super excited for you and your new adventure. You're going to have so much room that you're not going to know what to do with it all...that's a good thing:)

KellyDiane said...

Cute picture of the kids!

Cami said...

Cute pics! Oh, those tricksters and the nighttime trauma. Good luck with that!

Marie' said...

I am so happy that you really will get that house! Cute picture.

Lisa said...

Love the picture! I've always thought you had the cutest kids :) Your post made me smile with how the kids are with the things they say and do. Oh the memories! Just so you know it doesn't end even when they are teenagers or adults. They find ways to make little comments or do things but they make you smile :) When we were in Utah dropping Alex off he was sitting in the seat behind me in the van and kept flicking the fat on my underarm. He'd go from one arm to the next and when I would try to catch his hand or tell him to stop he'd just start laughing. They never grow up completely :)and as much as I hate my fat it did make me smile because I'm glad he still wants to tease me and touch me :) I'm also excited for you and your new house. We will miss you but it will be wonderful for you to have all that room. You will just have to come back and visit us and if I am ever up that way I will pop in and visit you :)

myspoileddogs said...

I have been neglecting blogs lately but am so happy the pregnancy is going well and that you found a good house. Hope you will post pics when you get moved in. I will be checking back (just too busy to do it during working hours which means I get things done a lot less often than I used too)!!!