Sunday, October 11, 2009

Birthday at Bishop's Pumpkin Patch

Yesterday Andy celebrated his third birthday with his family, grandparents, auntie, and cousins at Bishop's Pumpkin Patch. Bishop's is one of the best pumpkin patches in the country. You actually can pick the pumpkins from the patch and they have a train, multiple huge slides, petting zoo, pony rides, panning for marbles area, pig races, etc. etc. We had to literally pull the kids away. In the car they said it was more fun than Disneyland. That was lovely to hear because it was CHEAP in comparison. Free admission and only about 2.50 each to do the little rides. It was so fun to take advantage of the fact that Jeff's family lives only two hours away and can join us on special occasions. It pretty much makes the move worth it. We were always a little lonely without family in San Diego.

I have a nauseating amount of pictures but, like any mother, I think my kids are cute (especially with cousins) so I couldn't decide which pictures to put up. So you get most of the good ones.




Nicky was so proud of herself for "catching" the lizard (I think she actually stole it from her cousin Emma who really caught it).




This one is not in correct sequence but I couldn't get it to move. Andy with his cake.




I really couldn't decide which picture to post on the slide. Andy kept going down over and over. It was a long but slow slide and he held up his arms saying, "weeeeeee" the whole time. I don't know if I've ever seen him so happy.


There are no pictures to prove but I was there in my enormity to enjoy the party. Thanks to lots of water and rest, my amniotic fluid is back up to acceptable levels. I still have doctors appointments and non stress tests every day but we are still in the game. I saw a perinatologist on Friday and he asked if I was diabetic or off on my due date because the baby is weighing in at an estimated 6 lbs 9 oz. I told him it might be all the juice I've been drinking to jolt him into movement because I've been so worried I want him moving all day. He says to stop drinking juice. Water only! Still six weeks to go but I refuse to complain if he is 14 pounds because I want him full term. I'll take him big.

5 comments:

Marie' said...

I sure wish our Pumpkin patch pictures looked like that. We bundle up really well and I am always ready to come home after thirty minutes. Happy Birthday to Andy.

Kimberly said...

That slide is enormous! Looks like so much fun. I can't believe Andy is 3...where has time gone? I'm glad to hear you fluid levels are back up...only 6 more weeks to go...amazing...I wish I could be there to hold him when he's brand new!

Lisa said...

What a fun pumpkin patch and I loved the pictures!! I can't believe Andy is 3 either! WOW!! So glad about your fluids being up. Keep resting as much as possible.

Cami said...

That looks crazy fun.

SuburbiaMom said...

Those are such cute pictures!! In the first one, Nicky looks likes she's waiting for the pumpkin to turn into her Cinderella carriage. Cute kids!!!!