Sunday, October 25, 2009

Getting to Know You

So far we've been able to handle three but I think that's just because Jeff is taking time off work. I've been working steadily throughout the past two days and nights on "Operation Fatten Him Up." There's a doctor's appointment tomorrow and I'm afraid if he hasn't gained much the NICU nurses will come to take him back. It's harder than you think. This guy sleeps ALL the time (except for, strangely, the exact moment I lay down to sleep). Nicky enjoys holding the baby and giggles at his Gremlin grunts and grimaces. Andy likes to give the baby his bottle but hates that Nicky likes to hold him for so long. He gets bored waiting around for her to put him down. I've been crying a lot which is normal for me when I get no sleep. In addition to the new baby, Andy's been having bouts of asthma problems at night. His inhaler makes him wide awake. One of my friends say that women either cry a lot or get bitchy when they have a new baby and don't get appropriate sleep. I asked Jeff which one he'd prefer and he actually had to stop and think about it. He really hates the crying. He says if he remembers correctly it stops in about a month and I don't need medication. Thank goodness for his good memory.

Upon discharge, we were told not to take the baby out for a few months what with all the sicknesses going around and baby's prematurity. So we are all home from church. So when I am not pumping and feeding baby and handling meltdowns from the other kids because they are so bored, I will fill this seclusive time with picture taking.


Baby's toes.


The Bishop's wife loaned me this Moses basket. It's a must have for the third baby. It was good for sending a baby down the river and it's great for hiding baby in a closet or other nook when the pitter patter of little feet and the sound of Nicky calling, "where's Christian?" can be heard. They're skinnier than they look in the picture. We could do french braids with all that dark hair in the back. Sadly, he wasn't as blessed on top.
All that is missing in these two photos is a cigar. I can almost hear baby in my mind, complete with British accent, saying, "I am rather good looking aren't I?" I don't know how it is possible for him to look chubby but somehow the camera is adding weight.


The Bishop's wife also loaned me all these fun little premie clothes that fit Nicky's dolls too. I'm glad she did or he wouldn't have much to wear.

7 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh...he's so sweet! Glad you finally got to bring him home...yay!

Tammy said...

Adorable! Glad he is finally home! I can't wait till he is big and strong enough for us to come meet him. I bet it helps that Jeff can take the older kids out and give you a break.

KellyDiane said...

first pictures with his eyes open! He is way tiny! I'm sure you'll get him chubby in no time. I can't wait to see him.

Lisa said...

He is so adorable! What fun pictures! He will fatten up so enough I'm sure. :)

SuburbiaMom said...

Cutie!!! He'll be a fatty before you know it....

Cami said...

He is darling. Congrats on having him home. you'll do great!

Tribe M said...

Hang in there! He so sweet and I love his name. I'm so glad he's home and you are all doing well. Trust me, I think he would prefer crying. I think I tend to get the other one and I am a beast. Hormones. What can you do? I can't believe how your kids have grown. Ii don't get on here enough. I'm so glad Nicky's such a helper.