Tuesday, October 13, 2009

New Baby Boy!

Ok, so this is Jeff hacking into Melissa's account to post...haha! just wanted to let everyone know that Christian Nicholas Camacho was born yesterday at 6:53pm. He weighed in at 5lbs 3 oz and was 16 1/2 inches. Melissa appears to be doing very well considering she had a c-section yesterday! Or at least she is good at making it look like she is doing well.

Christian came as a surprise about 6 weeks early due to the same thing that happened with Andy. Melissa went in for an appt to check the fluid levels and the amniotic fluid ran out for some reason. So I got a text and a call that I had better hurry and find a sitter for the kids cuz the baby was coming today. I'm so glad Melissa had put a list of phone numbers on the refrigerator just a night or two before. I swear Mom's always subconsciously know these things in advance somehow. I was able to find someone to play with the kids while Grandpa drove up from the Bay Area.
It is so strange that Christian's due date (Nov. 21) was one day off from when Andy's had been. He was born two days after Andy's birthday and both Christian and Andy were 6 weeks early. Is that coincidence or what!

Christian is at the NICU at Sutter hospital where they are taking good care of him. It is too early to say exactly how long he will be there since they say things can change so much in the first few days. But for now things seem to be ok. They think he may have an infection and so they have him on some antibiotics and they will check a few more things out today. Melissa and I both feel that it is less stressful this time since we have been through this before, yet still concerned to make sure all tests, etc. come out ok.

Melissa will probably come home on Thursday.



10 comments:

Marie' said...

Congratulations, you guys, and job well done Melissa! He is just beautiful! I can't believe you could have two kids on your lap after a c-section.

Jen and her men said...

Congratulations! he's a doll!!

Lindsay Jones said...

Congratulations!

KellyDiane said...

YEA!!!!!!! I just spoke to Missy, so glad everyone is doing okay!!!! He's so cute.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, he is so beautiful. That is crazy about his due date and Andy's and both of their early arrivals. I hope that Melissa is healing well-we will keep you all in our prayers. Congrats again!

Lisa said...

Yay! Thanks for posting Jeff! We are so happy for all of you and so happy to hear that Christian & Melissa are doing well. He's adorable! Can't wait to see more pictures. We will keep you in our prayers.

The Dadej Family said...

Congratulations. He's beautiful! I'll be keeping both Melissa and Christian in my prayers for speedy recovery (Melissa) and strong health.

SuburbiaMom said...

Melissa--you look beautiful!!! Jeff and Melissa-- CONGRATULATIONS on your handsome, new little boy!!!!!

myspoileddogs said...

Congrats Jeff and Melissa! I hope little Christian keeps getting healthier everyday and comes homes soon!

Cami said...

Congratulations!!!! I hope everything goes well and you get him home so soon.