Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Baby


It occurs to me that one of the best parts of not being impregnated right now is that Andy remains a baby. I know he won't look like it to you. There are moments when he is in the same room with an actual baby where it doesn't look like it to me either. But when we return to our real life without babies around, he becomes my baby once again. I imagine this could go on indefinitely. No matter how big he gets, he is my little guy.
Some of my favorite moments lately are just hearing him walk around the house saying, "Thomas coming." He plays on his train table constantly crashing the engines and saying, "whoa." He is also a little negative lately. This is a trait I assume is associated with his nearing 2nd birthday. He likes to say, "no Nicky" the most of all.
My he does like to confuse me with his sleeping. Here is a little sampling of his sleeping since we've returned from vacation
1st night: Went to bed at midnight, slept all night until 7
2nd night: Wailed for a half hour to go to sleep, up at 5 a.m.
3rd night: Went right to sleep, woke at 1 cried for 20 minutes, had poopy diaper, slept until 7
4th night: Slept all night
Last night: Cried of and on for two hours to go to bed, I got him up and he watched movies, slept on couch woke at 6 and is now napping at 6:30 p.m. Not good.
Sleep concerns aside, Andy is just a nice round boy with a sweet disposition and wet kisses. I imagine he is much like other little boys his size. He is an average guy but he is my guy. Of all the experiences in my life, I can't say I've enjoyed anything more than being a mommy to my Nicky and Andy. I love the way they smell like sweet syrup (most of the time), the way they talk with little lisps and mispronunciations, and they way the love me back just as much as I love them.

3 comments:

Kimberly said...

Oh, I know what you mean. By the time my other kids were Blake's age, I either had a new baby or was expecting one. I still love to carry Blake around and cuddle him and kiss his squishy cheeks.

Unknown said...

Awwww...sweet little boy! Sleep issues are fun, aren't they? I'm insanely jealous of people who get to sleep through the night every night! One of these days...

Krustee said...

Seriously, the sleep thing is mental. It's amazing how much we love our little babies even when they drive us nuts. I imagine Andy having only a brief and mild battle with the "twos."