Two Weeks with Love. This musical finds an adorable Patti (played by Jane Powell) hoping to convince her parents to buy her a corset and let her grow up whilst vacationing at Kissmee in the Catskills (their summer vacation spot). The girls plot and scheme vying for the the affections of a handsome Latin man named Demi Armendez. In my opinion this musical has the most adorable songs and funniest plot of any musical I've ever seen. Patti's dream sequence where Demi finds she has no corset is my favorite part of the movie.
Kelly and I grew up watching everything Hailey Mills. We love Parent Trap, Summer Magic, Moonspinners, Pollyanna, etc. etc. What's not to love about Hailey?
Kelly bought me a copy of Mystery Date for my birthday. Kelly and I actually watched this last night and died laughing when Ethan Hawke's character Tom McQue gets girl advice from his older brother Craig. Some favorite snippets: "Girls like it when you treat them good or when you treat them sh----, as long as you are listening to them." "Girls like mature men. Basically, they just want a guy that wears glasses." "Never let the law get in the way of a good time." Ethan Hawke is a master at playing a nervous emotional wreck trying to impress his beautiful date while he is inadvertently mistaken for his older brother...a guy who is in big trouble with the Asian mafia and the law.
The Scarlet Pimpernel starring Jane Seymour is an all time favorite. The best part is near the end where Sir Percy brags to his captors that his yaught the Day Dream is docked outside and ready to take his group to saftey. The camera pans to a shot of a yaught that is in mid sail with no land in sight. I can't tell you why this is so hilarious to us but growing up, we would rewind and rewind this part and be rolling on the floor in fits of hysterical laughter.Now for unrelated funnies. Kelly and her boyfriend text each other 500 times a day. I'm not kidding. Kelly's phone keys are so worn from texting that you can't even see the numbers on them. I'm noticing that texting is a huge part of being a single these days. Luckily now that she is at home, maybe the keys can cool down a little and other things can heat up.
5 comments:
Fun! Next time you have a movie night I want to come! My sister and I have been trying to find a way to buy "summer magic," I just love that one! Maybe they sell it on amazon or something. Anyway, sounds like you two had a blast!
Those are some good flicks! I love sister watching times.
I am going to have to get some of those to watch. I have a couple Haley Mills movies, I love her.
I just got an email from Sharon about her new blog, if you don't have it, there's a link on my blog list. I love to read your blog.
Thanks again for letting me come and see you guys. I had so much fun! I do love the list of movies and the quotes that fit so many occasions... "pretty talk, do you have to be so crude" And I'd forgotten how funny that mystery date movie was!
there is nothing like being with your sister! In Kevin's family they always set aside one night during the holidays to have "cheesy movie night." All the food and munchies are cheese based and the movies...well cheesy. We should have a girl movie night sometime!
Post a Comment