Saturday, December 6, 2008

We Need a Little Snow

I've heard said that the only problem with perfection is its propensity to be boring. I know there is no way anyone from anywhere else is going to let me complain about the fact that every December day around here is a sunshiny 75 degree perfection. So I won't complain. I'll just say the truth that while nice, the weather here is dull. Someone had an idea to bring snow to the park today to bring a little North Pole to San Diego. Being from Utah, I've never myself witnessed so much excitement over what appeared to me to be not real snow, but springtime slush. It's also hilarious to see what San Diegans drum up for snow wear since no one has the real stuff. Ladybug galoshes for snow boots?

Luckily Nicky had some real snow boots handed down from her cousin. So she was all set. Don't worry, gloves were not necessary. Once you make and throw your snowball, you can quickly warm your hands in the sun and be ready in minutes to make your next weapon.


The kids should get a fine dose of reality when they encounter real snow and winter weather in Utah in a few weeks. It will snow for us won't it?

In addition to snow, there was some visiting with Santa in his workshop at the park.

And some shedding of frightened tears.

5 comments:

Jen and her men said...

I'm starting to want snow too and I live in Utah! Where's the blasted stuff when you need it?...

Kimberly said...

Was that at Hilltop? I forgot they were re-doing that park before we left. It looks like it turned out nice. I kind of like the idea of snow in warm weather...now, that I can handle!

myspoileddogs said...

It's snowing in Utah today! When you guys coming?

Cami said...

Awesome!! Where did they GET that snow?

Krustee said...

Andy's picture is priceless! I don't know why but I love the crying kid pictures with Santa. Nicky looks so happy to be pelting her father with snow balls. I hope we at least get rain or something the week of Christmas. If not we will take the kids to the beach to make sandmen on Christmas day.