Thursday, August 28, 2008

Most Favorite Question Ever!!!

Ok, so I lost ten pounds since summer started. Just ten pounds! I love hearing comments such as, "you look great," etc. The one I got last night just makes me laugh. It was from someone I haven't seen in awhile. She looked me up and down when she saw me and said, "wow, you have lost a TON of weight! Have you lost A LOT of weight?" This lady is the sweetest lady ever so I'm sure her definition of "a ton" is somewhere around ten pounds. In that case, yes, I did lose a ton of weight. Though I have to admit, I wondered at first if I didn't look like Jabba the Hut to this woman three months ago. Were things really that bad?

7 comments:

Lindsay Jones said...

You are so funny!

Krustee said...

I would have hugged her! How wonderful when someone notices your hard work and effort!!

Kimberly said...

I'm dying to know who said that...too funny! Doesn't that just boost your self-esteem when someone notices you've lost weight and tells you how great you look! Way to go on the weight loss...you do look great!

Marie' said...

Did you loose more since I left? You already looked really good. I want to know who said that too, although I have a guess. Was it my VT companion??

Cami said...

Yes, that happened to me a lot back in the days when I was losing weight, but my favorite is when people ask if I've lost weight and I HAVEN'T! Man, I must look like a whale sometimes . . .

Unknown said...

Weight loss is such a sensitive subject...when someone asks if you've lost weight, it's hard not to think about what they think you looked like before! But you still want to hear that you look good now. Congrats...I think 10 pounds is a HUGE accomplishment!

KellyDiane said...

I really don't appreciate those comments, cause I start to think I must have looked really bad before! My favorite was when a guy said, "I didn't recognize you, your face is so different!" He acted so shocked, and kept telling me how different I looked! I kept thinking wow, my face must have looked gross before!