After what seems like forever, we are back home. After Nauvoo, we flew to the Bay Area to spend the week with Jeff's family. Over the weekend we did the annual Camacho clan camp out at New Brighton State Beach in Santa Cruz. Of course the camera was forgotten so hopefully I can scrounge up some pictures from my sister-in-laws to post. Camping was a lot of fun thanks to the plethora of family members willing to entertain the kids with walks, water play, and food. Of course we froze at night and didn't sleep but that is the fun of camping. The most memorable moment came yesterday morning when the kids woke at the crack of dawn in the foulest of moods I've ever encountered. I am kicking myself that I didn't take my camera with me when I took them to bathroom. Of course the bathrooms are well ventilated so both air and sound can travel and I believe the both of them woke every camper within listening distance. As I sat on the cold john, Andy shoved Nicky and yelled, "NO." Nicky then proceeded to shove Andy and yell, "NO." They took a couple of turns shoving and yelling no at each other and then both broke into blood curdling wails and fits of crying. All of this was in unison. I was so mortified but couldn't help smiling. Cranky faces, puffy eyes, and stupid fighting can't help but be funny in a camping bathroom.
Anyway, thanks to Karen and Sandy (my in-laws) for working to make such a successful reunion. These get-togethers and memories mean so much to our family.
Below are the rest of our pictures from Nauvoo. I highly recommend the location for visiting. It is a trip I will never forget.
5 comments:
Wow, you sure did a lot! Welcome home. It always feels nice to be among your own things.
Sounds like a fun trip!!
We've been trying to get up the courage to go camping....hmmm, I don't know if we're ready?!
You all were gone for a long time! I'm excited to see you guys on thursday!
The bathroom experience is hilarious! I can relate. Camping with kids is so much work but so fun!
Post a Comment