
Yummy, chub-making, frosted cookies or treats are snubbed.

Yesterday I took the pictured frosted cookies to Nicky's "The End of Summer Potluck" playgroup. As I laid my cookies on the table, I immediately noticed the vegetable crackers, cheese sticks, carrots, grapes, etc. There were no sweets! Andy kept making grabs for cookies so I finally asked if anyone would mind if I put them away. "No, not at ALL," was the response. In fact, one mother was so relieved she said, "I'm just glad Wyatt didn't see those."
I put my cookies away feeling a little ashamed. Am I and my offspring the only piggy eaters left in these parts? I definitely didn't get the memo this summer. I suppose it's well that that peer pressure has taken the direction of healthier eating. I could use a boost that way.
Obviously, Andy didn't mind that extra cookies came home. There is a reason our cheeks are large in this house.
Here is our animal lover. Nicky reminds me of a young version of Elly Mae Clampett (Beverly Hillbillies). Occasionally we take Nicky to the pet store and she has to hold every critter there. I'm ok with handling the bunnies, cats, and dogs. Lately she's wanted her mitts on the guinea pigs. No offense to guinea pig lovers, but they make me want to vomit. Their faces are cute enough but their bodies are ratish. I can't bring myself to reach down for one. Luckily, the pet store clerk said they were too wiggly to hold.
These pictures of Nicky with her canine friend Penny (a neighborhood dog) show exactly why we need a bigger home with space for a pet. My girl loves dogs so much she'll go in for mouth kisses. That is one thing I can say I've never done. Though I can't imagine it would be much different than an experience I had with one of Jeff's roommates years ago. All girls with a bad kissing experience can probably relate.
9 comments:
Hey, was I quietly frowned upon last summer at pool days? I never brought any kind of healthy food. The kids still talk about how fun it was to go to your pool. Thank you for hosting it.
Next time take Pirates Booty. Typically a snack such as this would be categorized as "junk food" however, since it is primarily found only at Trader Joes it seems to be accepted with open arms among so-called "non-junk food eaters." (speaking with sarcasm) Moms and kids, alike, love it! If I didn't have such a junk food junkie husband, I probably wouldn't have as much crap around, but, at least whenever I'm having a craving there is chocolate or cookies in the cupboard to eat! All of the kids probably look forward to what you bring to eat. You're probably known as the yummy snack mom!
At least your kids won't binge when they are older and at least they won't feel the need to hide it and trade at school without you knowing! I love junk food and I think everything in moderation is good especially at a party! It's not like we live on the stuff every day and a little sugar never killed anyone. I think it is a myth that sugar causes hyper kids. Instead it is typically the situation like a fun party. I would definatley keep bringing the fun treats to her parties. :)
I've typically been one of the mean mom's who doesn't let Parker eat junk food. But I'm slowly changing my ways...I have a major sweet tooth, so it's not really fair to eat a cookie in front of Parker and automatically tell him that he can't have one! Ha ha! It's definitely better in moderation than having them binge in secret later!
Go Nicky!! I kiss my pups daily (and other people's pups too!). My p/t job includes a lot of time lovin on dogs and I love it.
Nicky can come for a visit anytime. She'd probably adore my little Miss Marley!
I wish the healthy treats option were available at more adult events.
That dog is bigger than she is!! I'm all for cookies now and then. Luckily, my friends and I usually provide a healthy mix of healthy foods and more sugary snacks. It's funny, though, because yesterday all the women got together for a brunch, and there was about 2 carrots and a bowl of cantaloupe among the piles of donuts, cinnamon rolls, and cookies. HA! We have different standards for ourselves, I guess.
You can come to my "play group" aka my house anytime. We love all sugary snacks! Your post cracked me up!
oh people get carried away. animal cookies are a fine delicacy every child should be intimately acquainted with! Kedrick saw the picture of Nicky and said, "is she eating the dog mom?"
Post a Comment