I have two major pet peeves with January and the gym. Here they are:
1. There is an invasion of New Year's Resolutioners. This year it is so bad at the YMCA, I had to park my car by the library a few blocks away. All the machines were taken except the stationary bike. I wouldn't even dare leave my kids in the kids club because I'm sure the ratio is 10 miserable kids:to one care provider. I can't wait for February. So selfish I know. I really like it when most of the world forgets about their physical fitness so that I can get a darn elliptical machine.
2. Every time I read a celebrity magazine at the gym about a new celebrity mom, the interviewer asks her the same question and she gives the same annoying response:
"How did you return to your anorexic pre-baby weight in only two months?"
"I'm just so busy chasing after my kids/caring for the baby that the fat melts right off and/or I don't have time to eat!"
Garbage! I'm busy with my kids too. Still the center of the universe around our house is the kitchen. The most exercise I get at home is moving plates from the kitchen to the table and then back again to the sink. The kids eat like 80 snacks a day. I could easily eat as many and have to be careful. Say it like it is folks! You're rich, have personal trainers, nannies, personal chefs, and it is your job to be skinny! Stop making it look effortless!
3 comments:
I hear you! I got so tired of paying an outageous gym fee, for a tiny little gym with no child care. I made Clay buy me a treadmill. At first I didn't use it as much as a should, but when we got our addtion on the house done, I finally had a place to work out. Now I can get up every morning, in the privacy of my own home, and get my sweat on. It has taken me 3 1/2 years to finally get my baby weight off! Now if I can be good and stay away from the afternoon snacks too :)
OH! I have these VERY same pet peeves! I completely stay away from the gym until February. I just work out at home or go at really unusual times. I hate those fakies! And yeah, give me a break about baby-weight melting off just from running around. It also doesn't help that usually celebrities are like 6 feet tall and hardly gained any weight and didn't get a single stretch mark.
THANK YOU! I get so mad at those magazines. Instead I like to watch the biggest loser...while I'm at the gym. I get all emotional.I can relate more to the people who struggle despite how desperately they want to change.
Post a Comment