Andy
accidentally broke Nicky's play broom in half. He was delighted with the outcome; the top half immediately became a stick/sword to be used in protection of himself and his family. This weapon of war had a timely way of presenting itself as our house has recently been infested with a legion of bad guys and monsters. Though most of these intruders are invisible, Jeff, Nicky and myself have also been known to double as foes. So Andy has been using his stick all about the house in hot pursuit of evil. He drags it across the walls and
wacks it against the couch (all while breathing out threatenings, making explosion noises, and growling). I even became the surprise recipient of his stick in the nether regions of my hind quarters whilst I was making dinner yesterday.
Here is pictured with his weapon and a brave face.

I guess it can be used as a telescope too (or maybe he's just getting the bad guy in range on the little eye finder of his gun.

Here he is trying to get the ghost (Nicky) in the locked bedroom. He was shoving his weapon under the door and singing a little song.

Here's the look on his face when his stick suddenly
disappeared from under the door. Never
underestimate your ghost!

This boy stuff is a whole new ball game for me. Nicky was so into dolls and nurturing at this age. What is with all the killing and violence? He even knows the word KILL. How did he learn that? I'm calling this one a nature.
4 comments:
Way cute. Welcome to the world of boys. Those pictures are way cute. Jerome just spent some precious money he earned by walking Quinn in the yard on one tiny Lego figure. I don't get it.
Boys will always be boys. I had a gouge in my ceiling for years (before we fixed it) from my boys when they had a war and used my vacuum cleaner attachments as swords!!
Yep nature vs. nurture. I am now a huge believer in that nature component!
It's true, there's not much you can do to keep boys from playing weapons. I guess it's instinctive--must protect!
Post a Comment