I've enjoyed watching the various videos put out by "Mormon Messages" on YouTube. This video caught my eye and reminded me of our Jeff. We are so lucky to have a man like him around the house. He constantly looks for ways to help me or to make the kids happy. He works long hours and doesn't always have time to do the things he'd like to do. He is sweet with the kids. He allows Andy to mess up his tool box and "help" whenever he fixes something around the house. Just today he let me have a long nap and took Nicky swimming. She is obsessed with swimming. Even though our pool water is chilly and it is 60 degrees out and cloudy, he didn't complain and got right in the pool with her. He can't stand it if I am unhappy and wants to immediately fix any problem in his power to fix. He has a slight case of ADD and so it makes it hard for him to sit and read anything. The other night I finished a rough draft of my essay. It was late and he was tired but he sat down for 40 minutes and read the whole thing. I know how hard it is for him to sit and read like that. I know he did it so that I would know that my essay is important to him. This act made me feel very loved and special. I love spending time with Jeff because he is adventurous. He loves to go anywhere and experience new things and he always makes sure I know he wants me there with him. He's a lot of fun and I love his laugh. I try to never take our J for granted because he is so precious to me and to the kids. Life would be all wrong without him. He's very good with finances and decisions. I am a much better (and cleaner) person because I married him. We're about to have our seven year anniversary. A few days ago I read an article on CNN that said boredom is often a problem for those married seven years. I felt nervous and asked Jeff if he was bored in our marriage. He looked at me, surprise on his face, and said, "not at all." I was relieved and said, "good because I'm not either." I can't imagine being bored of Jeff. He's too full of personality and goodness. We love you Jeff! Happy Father's Day!
3 comments:
What a good message! Thanks for sharing that!
You got a gem. Even if I am biased because he's my cousin, there's no doubt, he's a winner.
Very nice post. I'm not bored and it's been 7. Remember the dude at NACT that said I'd be lying to my husband in 4 years? I wish I could find him and tell him he's an idiot.
Post a Comment