Jeff came home late last night to find a huge anonymous note plastered on the windshield of the car I was driving yesterday.
"Please don't ding my truck with your car door. One parking space would have been enough for your car, parking is limited here. Thank you."
Obviously the note's condescending tone leaves much to be desired but at least there is a thank you. Someone else saw the big white note and decided to leave their two cents. Yes, a second note was also on the car.
"IT'S TRUE! THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE DONE THIS. LEARN HOW TO PARK!"
Seriously? Is this how people talk to each other via notes on cars? I have two kids and I am in and out of the car in the parking lot here all day so people know who I am and where I live. If they had a problem with how I was parking, could they have taken the time to stop by and say something politely? I'm a little miffed.
So I was really embarrassed and quickly asked Jeff if I was parked halfway into the next parking spot since that is how it sounds. He said no. The back left tire was barely touching the divider line. I'll certainly be more careful and I don't know anything about dinging doors. But geez... Guess it is a good thing we are moving soon. I'm a marked car I guess.
"Please don't ding my truck with your car door. One parking space would have been enough for your car, parking is limited here. Thank you."
Obviously the note's condescending tone leaves much to be desired but at least there is a thank you. Someone else saw the big white note and decided to leave their two cents. Yes, a second note was also on the car.
"IT'S TRUE! THIS IS NOT THE FIRST TIME YOU HAVE DONE THIS. LEARN HOW TO PARK!"
Seriously? Is this how people talk to each other via notes on cars? I have two kids and I am in and out of the car in the parking lot here all day so people know who I am and where I live. If they had a problem with how I was parking, could they have taken the time to stop by and say something politely? I'm a little miffed.
So I was really embarrassed and quickly asked Jeff if I was parked halfway into the next parking spot since that is how it sounds. He said no. The back left tire was barely touching the divider line. I'll certainly be more careful and I don't know anything about dinging doors. But geez... Guess it is a good thing we are moving soon. I'm a marked car I guess.
11 comments:
Crazy! We didn't have a note left on our car but last night someone egged our house and our cars got some of it also. I'm still ticked!
A second note, too? Could be a husband and wife team.
people are so STUPID!
Oh, that's so mean! What were they thinking? I agree with Marie'...probably a husband and wife team.
Hmmm...well at least you are moving.
Sheesh! That is obnoxious. I always get mean notes when I park at other people's house. The spot does not say reserved, people leave mean notes saying it is reserved. How am I to know?
ROFL! I would love to leave a note like that on cars of people who park horizonally across several spaces....just cuz they are SO dumb.
Never would have thought of leaving a note for someone that was parked a bit crooked.....
Good thing you are moving!
Wow, seriously? Who are these people, and where do they find the time to care, let alone write such things? I too was once a recipient of a nasty car note...doesn't make you feel very good, and you had two! LOL.
It's my experience that the only reason someone (2 people in this case) would take time out to write a note like that is because they were seriously displeased with your parking, and probably on more than one occasion. Since most people like to avoid confrontation and hurt feeling (and the off chance of encountering a sociopath), they leave an anonymous letter.
For Anonymous: I don't have a problem parking more correctly. I don't even mind getting a note on the windshield. I just thought it was a little rude and humiliating to have a huge butcher paper note plastered on the winshield. I nice folded polite note would have sufficed. I think people should be more gentle with each other.
Oh, I see. Yes, I would agree. When I leave note on someones car, I always make sure to be subtle.
Post a Comment