We started the festivities at our favorite restaurant in La Jolla, Roy's Hawaiian Fusion. Since we couldn't get the kids to bed early, we dined late and couldn't find anyone to take out picture when we finished. So here is a solo of Jeff.
Here we are in our accommodations at the Hilton Mission Bay (thanks to the self timer).
I mentioned on the on-line form for the hotel that it was our anniversary. The manager at the hotel upgraded us to this bay view suite.
Jeff was annoyed when I woke him early to go on a bike ride. He is not so much a morning person. But it turned out really fun. We rode our bikes from Mission Bay to Pacific Beach and I didn't even fall off or get hit by a car. So it was a very fun and free of mishaps type of anniversary date. We got home at one and it seemed like it was the fastest 17 hours ever. Thanks to Tammy for watching the kids and making them happy. Andy woke her at 4:50 a.m. and also had a nasty diaper for her to change. She deserves some kind of super kind person award.
Here are some cute baby ducks that were hanging out at the pool. We took this picture for Nicky and felt sad she was missing out even though it was our date. That is the funny thing about being on an alone date. Before we had kids we just had fun. This time we had fun while thinking or worrying about the kids. Things just aren't the same as the used to be. They are definitely better but less carefree. 
Here are the roses Jeff surprised me with. I am so lucky to be married to Jeff. He is my best and cutest friend.
8 comments:
Yea! I'm so glad you guys were able to get away, that's SO nice of tammy! Looks like you had fun! Your b-day is right around the corner too, any plans for that? Maybe I could come out and babysit too? :)
Very fun! Jeffy REALLY liked that picture of the ducks in the pool.
I'm so jealous! It sounds like the best 17 hours...AND, I LOVE ROYS!!! What do you eat there? That's the only place that I will eat Sushi. Happy Anniversary! You look really good, by the way. Have you lost more weight?
Ahh glad you guys were able to get away. Hope you had fun with Tammy!! I haven't seen her in SO long!
I am glad you guys had a good time. The kids were seriously so good. There was no crying at all. Kids always seem to save it for their parents! Maybe next time you can take a double night trip! I am sure you would not be as stressed wondering if the kids were ok if my phone actually worked to answer your calls. I hope Andy is feeling better!
That is so awesome, a night out...an overnight trip, that is great! We need to get together sometime soon!
I am so excited that I will be able to keep seeing your cute children grow.
What a great way to celebrate your anniversary! You are so cute together! It is so true, though, that being just by yourselves is different after you have kids. I have to try hard not to talk about the kids so much when we are on a date.
There is nothing like having some time alone together and especially waking up to only each other in the morning every once in a while. The bike ride looks so fun!
Post a Comment